What to expect after passing CFA Level III

I am currently a CFA Level II candidate, I was wondering what to expect once I have completed my 3 levels. Like what to expect in terms of work life, possible job opportunities, pays scales, how much time will my CFA related job require from me, etc. TIA

#Models&Bottles

Mid/Mid-high 6-figure salary in a FO position. Positions such as a PM at a firm with $5B AUM should be a walk in the park for you to get interviews at. If you network correctly, you should be eyeballing firms with $20B-$30B AUM. Anything higher will also require an Indian CA. Someone with a CFA please correct me if I’m wrong.

More or less what hashtag said. If you see some suits on your door step the day you pass, don’t worry - it’s Goldman.

Once my positive result came out, Bill Gates called me up and begged me to marry his daughter. I said I’d think about it, as passing L3 has made me more deserving of concubines really. Long story short, they are still filling out the application, as it’s not like I can take any old person now, you know.

You will get both a diploma-sized CFA certificate, and a huge one. Your local society will probably ask you to participate in activities.

If your company has lots of CFA Charterholders, you may get more respect or an actual bonus.

Depending on where you are and what you do, you might not have to get a particular designation (e.g., from FINRA in the US on Series 86 if you have passed level 2, and Series 65 for Chaterholders in many states). Check with your compliance department on those, don’t just take my word for it.

According to popular lore here, those who scored in the top 1% at all 3 levels receive a souvenir douchebag emblazoned with the words “Get a life” on one side and “Nobody cares about your high score” on the other. [ducks, runs for cover]

I really don’t know how to start, all the answers to your question really depends.

Work life - depends on what you’re doing right now and where you want to be

Possible job opportunities - various but will depend on what you’re doing right now and where you want to be

Pay - depends on the job

Working hours - depends on the job

For example, there are CFA charterholders who are financial planners making 60k a year working 9-5, there are investment bankers making 300k a year working from 8 am - 2 am and there’s also a charterholder who is a billionaire fund manager. So there isn’t any single answer to your questions.

wow that’s pretty impressive…For me, Dimon came knocking on my door along with his right hand man COO at his side…Not sure how he passed the concierge at the front desk of my apartment…but hey if you’re Dimon, I’m sure NYC is in your grasp…He didn’t offer me anything…Just a fine wine and a good talk.

You won’t see IB with CFA…You also won’t see billionaire fund managers who are CFA charters…I’m sure there are some but not as many as you wish to see…Better yet, can you post a link here of LinkedIn pages of IB with CFA and/or billionaire managers with CFA…You will have a very tough time…however you won’t have tough time finding financial advisors or client portfolio managers with CFA on LinkedIn…

Bill Gross is a charterholder.

Thanks everyone for there kind replies, don’t really know how to react :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks Anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

lets hope so :stuck_out_tongue: @hashtag

That’s the guy I was referring to.

@Infinitybenzo, yes I agree with you that IB is NOT the typical career of a CFA charterholder, I’ve stated in another thread that CFA is not the golden ticket for someone wanting to break into IBs. However there are some investment bankers that are charterholders. I’ve met such people but obviously I don’t want to share their linkedin profiles for privacy reasons. CFA is geared towards asset management but there are many charterholders working in different fields that’s why I said it depends.

Canada IB has a hard-on for CFAs… In the USA it’s the boutique shops that tend to have CFAs.

yes IBs have CFAs but they most likely got the CFA after being in IB and not the other way around (got IB job bc of CFA)