Experienced Advice for Young Professional Seeking a Job Opportunity

Dear all,

I have been reading through this forum for a bit now and I must appreciate everybody’s effort! I have come to a point of uncertainty myself, where I would highly value some experienced advice.

I am 26 years old, native German, but got my Bachelors in Finance in the US. Afterwards I interned for 6 months with an Asset Management firm as an Manager Research Intern. I moved back to Germany, did 2 more internships; Asset Management Intern (for a Real Estate firm) and an Alternative Investments Analyst Intern with these two totaling to also 6 months ish. To get the full scope of the finance industry I started working as a Financial Analyst for a Cosmetics firm (which I am currently employed in for 3 months). I have passed the CFA Level I and I am currently studying for Level II in June.

So much to my background. I know my experience seems scattered but I wanted to know what it is like to work in the different potential sectors. I have made my decision that I would like to work for an Asset Management firm. I really enjoyed the thoughtfulness of the people around me and I imagine that the work will be challenging on a daily basis. I would really, ultimately, love to work as a relationship manager. Is there any advice you guys out there have for me in order to be able to reach my goal?

I greatly appreciate your comments and wish you all a good day.

Best

Yannik

Feel free to PM me. That’s pretty much what I do.