Work Experience : A priority to evolve in a competitive environment ?

Hi guys,

First of all, i would like to be grateful to all of you for your time and your answers in this forum. A question posed by one of my clients led me to meditate about the role of this CFA diploma which is considered by many of my clients based in Asia as a prestigious title to evolve in the investment area. For 5 years , i was working as a consultant for infrastructure projects and i cannot believe that a CFA title could help me fulfill projects for my clients or accomplish tasks for them. Work experience is a priority for me and i would like to obtain some opinion about this subject , i didn’t pass CFA not even level 1 but i studied hard by myself to obtain recommendations. Obtaining a diploma ( Chartered accountant in France for me) is not enough, i think that you need to be passionate about finance to be successful. Do you think that obtaining a CFA will permit me to evolve ? In a competitive environment like finance , don’t you think that work experience is a better asset for a consultant ?

I also wrote a lot of publication to understand and establish research about various subjects , do you think that this type of exercise is recognized in the working experience process ?

Thanks everyone.

agree work experience is more valuable than a CFA charter…by the CFA is neither a diploma or a certificate - Unlike the CPA, the CFA does not allow you to do things that other non CFA charters cannot do.

Do you see a lot of CFA charterholders in your industry? If not, don’t bother.

As a consultant, i don’t work with many CFA but you can find them at the end of the process of investment as they usually work in banks : either investment bank or asset management. I do believe that in this sector of infrastructure , having a great network is a key to be successful.

well in that case i guess it won’t hurt…

I am successful stock investor, I finish half of MBA and now I am reading books in CFA. honestly, I see CFA is not good enough for my job. I love investing in stock and I read the books relevant. many parts of CFA is good and many parts is not good.

https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91814598#comment-91814598

Okay, we get it. You’re a successful stock investor.

LOL

#flashback