If I get stuck in a question or concept do I move ahead? Please...its important

Hi,

I am preparing for my CFA level 2 exam. I need advice whether I should move ahead to another concept or topic if I don’t understand it or should I make sure it is understood before I move on to another topic. Because there isn’t much time left and I have started with Fixed Income after finishing Equity. I am a slow reader that is it takes me time to understand a concept and I have short attention span.

Keep moving.

thanks

It is amazing how going away, sleeping, eating, playing games or doing other activity can bootstrap your neuron network.

move on… don’t dwell. come back to it at a later stage.

+1

#goodluck

I’d just add a refinement to the “move on” advice.

We see candidates who are very completion-oriented and moving on without mastering isn’t useful. They can’t focus on the next thing if they don’t understand something prior. If you get unfocused if you leave something before finished, then you might stay on it until you get it. Or find an expert who will talk with you when you need – and get your understanding quickly.

Another trick either way – is to write a list of things you don’t get immediately. There’s a sense of completion by writing things down in a notebook. Then add to your study plan “get questions answered” on things that you once struggled with.

Try out different techniques to see what works best for you.