Help! Don't feel like studying

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to get out of this rut. Maybe its because I find Level 2 material overwhelming or because I have this feeling or have made up my mind that I won’t pass or maybe because my friends who did Level 1 with me aren’t there. But I want to pass this year and its really important that I do. Please suggest something helpful. I sometimes spend my entire day without studying worrying that I am not studying :confused:. And now I am freaking out even more because I got an email from AF (this forum) that there are 100 days left for the exam.

Just stop doing this on first instance. Otherwise fail is guaranteed with such attitude.

Fear of failure should be your greatest motivator? Do you want to sacrifice another 6 months or 12 months to go through the same thing and lose out on social life?

Thanks everyone for the motivation :slightly_smiling_face:

Really appreciate it.

Start with just going through one page. After that say, “maybe I’ll do one more”. Then “maybe I’ll just finish up this section of the lesson”, etc.

The same way you eat an elephant… one bite at a time.

I failed Level II and deserved every bit of it. A lot of people fail Level II. It wasn’t the end of my life/career. Inconvenient? Yes. But I passed the next year because I had already seen the material and was more determined. A great quote from someone on here years ago that I kept:

“Finally, I think that those who pass all levels on the first go miss out on the exceptional opportunities for character development. Nothing builds character more than getting the punch in the stomach of a failing grade and then standing back up, turning around, and facing it again.”

When I started studying for Level I I decided that I hated studying for Level I.

Then I decided that if I had to study for it a second time, I’d hate it 10 times as much.

If you have a problem studying, you should change careers. You cannot work in real finance job like this…

Google “Sara Grillo CFA” to see what you could become.

#goodluck

lol

There’s always Adderall.

That’s not so bad OP - my problem is I don’t feel like ‘working’.

If you don’t feel like studying, then do it anyways, and if you still don’t feel like studying tomorrow then just do it anyways.

Same thoughts. good luck to us. It’s either we want to take this up again next year or move forward.

Even if you fail it’s not the end of the world. It gives you a solid base to work from for your next attempt.

Don’t give up. Some people get in to AF HoF only on 3rd ballot

This quote was brought to you by Former Trader.

This is not rare; it happens to the best of us. I work with a number of Level II clients who feel the same. Remember why you decided to do this in the first place, and keep in mind that the process must remain fluid. Static study procedures can really wear down on the morale of even the most disciplined candidates. Extending an invitation to reach out to me via PM if you want to a few more pointers on mitigating the pressure. Managing stress and maintaining morale is an often overlooked, but crucial part of this entire process.

What do you mean by Static study procedures?

I would think it means doing the same kind of studying day in and day out. Changing it up will slow stop you from getting burned so fast.

double edged sword. if say by chance you decide. imma play a video game. gg!