Level 1 Preparation

Hello everyone.

Expecting replies from level 2 and level 3 candidates.

I am going to attempt level 1 in june 2018. I have already done FRA, Equity, Fixed Income, Corporate Finance, Derivatives and Alternative Investments.

I want to know if it is possible to cover rest of syllabus in 40-45 days because I want to keep minimum a month for revision.

P.S: I have completed ACCA in Dec, 2017 but non of the remaining topics of syllabus were part of ACCA that is why I am worried whether or not I can complete remaing topics in 40-45 days.

These posts always perplex me. No one can tell you if you have enough time to sufficiently study the remaining material. My advice would be to create a study schedule to cover the remaining material that ends at least three weeks prior to the exam. During that time, take practice tests and brush up on your weaker topics.

Whether this works depends on a few things:

• Do you have the time to finish studying the material?
  • Can you remain committed to this schedule for another 80 days?
  • Do you possess the mental acuity to accomplish this and pass?

If you answered yes to all of the above, then there’s your answer.

Edit to clarify: I realize my first bullet is exactly what you’re asking. To be more specific, I mean for you to create a study schedule, think about how many pages you need to read every day, how long it takes to do the EOC questions, and then determine if that seems possible to you.

Quant and Ethics are two of the most of important topics for level 1, but doable in 30 days. Econ shouldn’t take 10-15 days. Whether you can finish Quant in 30 days depends on how good you are with statistics and basic discounting problems.

You’re fine. Quants for L1 are not challenging and 10 days is OK for this chapter… Pay rather your attention on Ethics. Econ on L1 is a bit harder but doable within this time limit.

Quant was a little blip in L1 … I don’t know about the ‘most important topics’

Also, start Ethics now and keep at it until the exam.

Thanks for the help.