Cancellation and Refund CFA Level I Military

Hello,

I am working in the french army and I just learn that I am going to be in Guyana for the next 12 months, this is a military operation and I have no choice. Do you think I can get my money back since I have a proof?

Thank u

Full disclosure: I have no idea.

But, I seem to recall military service was one of the only ways to get a refund out the CFAI.

I give myself a 49.7% chance of being correct.

Just send them an email.

If she is a voluntary in a military service, she shouldn’t get refund assuming she must know there was a possibility to be absent and not to attend the exam at the moment of applying. If she was recruited without her willingness she would probably get full refund.

But…that’s the whole point of getting a refund for being in the reserves or whatever. I can’t imagine the CFAI would punish someone for being called away for military service. That just doesn’t make any sense.

A veteran myself, I would not expect a refund.

You never know where you will be called, so signing up for these exams is somewhat of a risk. What about the books - you gonna expect to get full refund if you’ve marked them up already?

Lol. If voluntary military service is the job like any other job, given that, everyone can ask for a refund if he was required by his company to take a business trip instead on the day -D.

Even if he was forcibly recruited, he should ask for a refund from his Government rather than CFAI.

Just my two cents. Maybe he should ask Sara Grillo.

^^Good point about the books.

^Not such a good example using business travel as an excuse. Military service isn’t like me going to a conference. I can assign someone else to do my travel during the exam week. Can’t do that for military service.

Screw it. I’m going to call them and find out.

As I predicted, I was wrong.

https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/about/governance/policies/cfa-program-refund-policy

By the way, OP, try google next time. Took about 15 seconds to find out.