Data Science or Business Analytics - Which is better with CFA?

I’m a Accountancy and Finance graduate pursuing CFA. I was wondering what would be more helpful along with my CFA - Data Science or Business Analytics? I’m fond of statistics and data in general but I am confused about what to choose and what would be more beneficial given my background! Would appreciate any help! Thanks!

Can you have surgery to become a hot blonde woman? This would be more effective than taking either.

Not an option. Any solution related to my question?

Send a PM to numi. Not sure he can help you, but I just want to bother him.

wtf is data science and/or business analytics?..

What do you wanna do for job?.. Do ppl even give a F about anything anymore

To be fair, your question was too vague to be useful, hence the lack of real answers.

You’re ‘confused about what to choose’. Choose for what? You said you’re a graduate. Is this side research you’re doing for fun? You didn’t mention any graduate work or path. Also, you didn’t mention your career path. So, I don’t know how we are to decide when there is no other real goal here than ‘pursuing the CFA’. What are you doing? What do you want to do?

LOL…almost choked on my lunch

Learn SQL. Be an Excel wizard.

The below link should explain everything:

tanks. found this was pretty helpful also:

Hey ASR37

I wrote about the prospects for CFA charter holders with data science expertise quite a bit for the CFA Mag over last year. The big money is made by PM’s with both expertise.

If you want to manage assets, focus on data analytics. But there are charter holders doing really well more on the business side. Looking at customer data and finding insights. Doing really well because at fast-growth fintech startups.

Look at cfapubs for fintech and you’ll find a real range of not just answers to your question but also hear from a lot of charter holders who were interviewed on their opinions on the subject.

When I had my large cap value shop in the 90’s would have benefited greatly from the kind of data analytics we have now.

Good luck!

business analyst is better than CFA

CFA is better than business analyst

VBA+SQL+CFA+MBA+PYTHON is the way to go.

But yeah, it’s also a bit difficult. I have been told not to be jack-of-all-trades my whole life but it seems as being jack-of-all-trades is the way to go! Go figure

This is the best serious answer to the question. The question is like should I take coffee with sugar or cream…completely open and no firm answer. Pick a path and go for it.