Calculators

Hi guys,

Can I bring 2 calculators at the exam? One financial and another non financial? Financial calculators are great for TVM but suck for basic math calculation.

thanks!

You can bring in 2 calculators - _ BUT THEY HAVE TO BE APPROVED MODELS!!! EITHER THE BA II or the HP12!!! NO OTHER MODELS!!! _

Approved for use by the CFAI:

Image result for abacus calculator

Protip: bring multiple calculators and batteries. Offer them to girls who forget their calculator or run out of batteries, in return for handjobs. You’re welcome. Tanks.

Got it! thanks!

No can do: CFAI prohibits borrowing or sharing calculators. Candidates will have to use their charm and suave demeanor instead!

your name is a violation of the CFAI standards.

It’s not because “CFA” is in lower cap.

good luck in the level 1 exam.

Thanks! Good luck on level 2!

I bought my calculator 4 years ago - BAII Plus. Do you think i should buy batteries to have extra one on the exam in June? It hasn’t been exploited much though.

You’ll probably be fine but you can go into a Radio Shack or another creepy electronics store to have your battery tested.

I say you skip the extra battery and feel the extra rush of excitement on exam day.

#goodluck

Thanks. Probably, I will end up with no extra batteries on the exam day ;-).

You could just change batteries now.

I think they’ll still be good next week.

Tried to change my battery a week before the exam. Calculator got wrecked in the process of doing so. Panic ensued.

Always dual wield calculators.