Should I Put CFA Candidate Level 1 On My Resume?

I’m a recent Finance target, applying to S&T at BB I have stuff in my resume that shows im good with my technicals

I’m thinking of registering for CFA in June, should i put “CFA level 1 candidate” on my resume.

Initially, one may think “oh, it wont hurt”, but what if they focus their attention on it, and then subconscious/consciously assume that another applicant with “CFA level 2/3 candidate” is more technically qualified?

Will “CFA level 1 candidate” help in any way on my resume?

thanks

If you think that will help you, do it, won’t hurt. Otherwise, don’t.

No

Maybe “passed level I” can be useful after you’ve taken the exam. I wouldn’t put “level I candidate” on your resume because it just means you registered and anyone can do that, takes zero achievement. Just mention it in your motivation letter or during the interview if it’s relevant for the job.

I think putting level 1 candidate can help make the employer aware that you’re going for it, but I agree, it’s probably the least significant way the exam can show up on your resume.

Don’t. I’ve tossed resumes that have this out of pure annoyance.

You can just put it at the bottom under certificates or some miscellaneous stuff. Don’t make a big deal out of it.

Don’t. It means absolutely nothing.

I wouldn’t do it. As some mentioned before - “Level 1 candidate” only means that you paid to register for the exam, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn’t show any qualification.

You might put level 2 candidate on your resume, because it means that you cleared level 1.

Better not to, as others mentioned, it means almost nothing to be a level I candidate. It would be good to mention it on the cover letter that you are pursuing it, but not slapping it on the resume. Just makes it seem like a desperate move.

I once put “Aspiring to be a CEO” on my resume…

#NoCallBacks

Perhaps only because you forgot to include your phone number.

You think this is a joke?

#Ithrewyourresumeaway

nah don’t write it man.

People fail to realize that writing “level 1 candidate” or even “I passed all three levels of the CFA exams” therefore I should get a shot at FO roles such as equity research at hedge funds or PE funds and make $200k in year 1 is EQUIVALENT to saying “I just got my NY State Driver’s License so hire me to join your Formula 1 team as one of the drivers for the 2019 season”

Don’t think it will add any value to your CV. CFA Level 2 candidate or CFA Level 3 candidate can add some value though which you can add when you are upto that registration.

Did we all miss this?

“I’m thinking of registering for CFA in June, should i put “CFA level 1 candidate” on my resume”

Dude has not even registered for the exams!

So no, do not indicate you a CFA level 1 candidate until you are registered for the exams. However, as indicated earlier, it only indicates that you perceive the Charter has value but have not exerted yourself in anyway towards achieving it. Thus Zero value-add.

As someone who reads a lot of resumes and knows what Level 1 candidate means, I don’t mind if I see it but I will not really give it much weight.

However, if you reference your candidacy, be sure you are correctly representing your candidacy because I will ask questions designed to make sure. For example, I interviewed someone in April that said he was a Level 2 candidate so I asked him if he was almost ready for his test, and he replied “I’ll be ready next year, I’m taking this year off” which…led me to decline to proceed with him for violating Standard VII. I think making sure you represent yourself correctly is far more important to those “in the know” than identifying yourself as a Level 1 candidate.