Blockchain & Crypto on next CFA Exams

This Is Not a Passing Fad’: CFA Exam Adds Crypto, Blockchain Topics

It might be the definitive sign that cryptocurrencies have arrived on Wall Street.

CFA Institute, whose grueling three-level program has helped train more than 150,000 financial professionals, is adding topics on cryptocurrencies and blockchain to its Level I and II curriculums for the first time next year. Material for the 2019 exams will be released in August, giving candidates their first opportunity to start logging a recommended 300 hours of study time. CFA added the topics, part of a new reading called Fintech in Investment Management, after industry participants showed surging interest in surveys and focus groups. The worlds of finance and crypto have become increasingly intertwined after last year’s Bitcoin boom, with regulated futures now trading in Chicago, blue-chip firms like Goldman Sachs Group Inc.dabbling in digital assets, and scores of Wall Streeters joining crypto-related startups.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-16/cfa-exam-adds-crypto-blockchain-topics-as-wall-street-dives-in

That’s cool to hear… especially that the curriculum is evolving to stay relevant. But from my experience frontier topics like this are often covered way too superficially in the curriculum… like, you finish reading the material, and you’re trivially more versed in the subject matter compared to before having read it.

#wouldnotread

Sounds good. It might help candidates who has experience in Technology / FinTech. Currently experience in Technology is not considered relevant for the purpose of receiving CFA Charter after passing all 3 levels of Exams in the CFA Program.

This is a joke thread right? Someone please tell me this is a joke.

In other news, CFA will soon add a section on baseball cards, beanie babies, and pogs to its curriculum.

Nope. Next it’s going to be how to solve a rubiks cube.

Unfortunately it is not!!