Is this a thing, listing CFA I on your business card after passing the level I test?

I was looking over some material from a big time investment firm and they had one of their analyst list that they were CFA I under their credentials.

Is that really a thing?

No, that is a violation. You can self report it to CFAI and they can go forth. You can state cfa level 2 candidate or passed cfa level 1 exam, but why they would state cfa 1, I will never know. Feel free to post a photo. Just be sure it’s not cfi which is corporate finance institute or something else like country fire authority lol

Repot his a&&…that is a violation and stay away from that firm.

I ain’t no snitch

But I am going to let the firm know before I ruin someones career.

Yes: it’s a thing.

That thing is called a violation of Standard VII(B) Reference to CFA Institute, the CFA Designation, and the CFA Program.

It is also a sign of poor judgment. Most people don’t know what cfa means, and the ones that actually know will see that “Cfa I” as a red flag

Also a major red flag indicating that person is a tool.

I saw this old fat guy who had “passed level 1 CFA exam (first try)” as his headline on linkedin the other day… I really wanted to reach out to him and tell him he looks like a jackass. But, I shy’d away.

My 2 cents…if you mention in your business card, email signature, work bio etc that you’re a “_ CFA Level X candidate _”, the chances are that you come off as an jackass. The only place where I’d mention my candidacy would be in my CV when applying for a job.

Only after earning my charter, I’ll add “CFA” to my business card and automatic email signature with the statement that this certification will guarantee an above average investment performance :wink:

HAHAHAHAHA actually laughed out loud to this.

It’s a violation. It also looks completely stupid and undermines the value of the CFA – since this clown clearly didn’t understand ethics.

Report his ass (or at the very least let him/his firm know) and stay away from the clown.

In my opinion, I would not put anything near my CV or my LinkedIn page until I had earned the charter, full stop. What happens if you never finish it (whatever the reason - life might get in the way). It invites questions, and unnecessary pressure