notation in derivatives

First of all, I’m no derivatives wizard by no means but I understand the main concepts and how derivatives work.

What I don’t understand is why does CFAI make the derivatives readings so unbelievably complicated? The amount of notations is simply ridiculous. On LVL2 I didn’t even bother reading the CFAI curriculum derivatives readings because it was just so out of control.

Does anyone know why do they present derivatives in a such a complicated manner when other sources are able to explain the same stuff in a much simpler way?

What other sources? FRM is even more complicated. I could partially agree only there is too much fluff in CFAI curriculum Derivatives readings.

Go with the graphs. Much easier to deal with than the dirty, smelly, nasty, kid-touching, tax-cheating, wife swapping formulas.

Couldn’t disagree more. Formulas are cool, fancy, delightful, horny && exciting.

Hey, whatever yanks your crank!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it might be because authors could be academician. Research and Paper Publication are more important in academics than ensuring if audience is understanding the content or not. You just listen to Mark Meldrum about this when you subscribe to his videos.