Time limit on finishing CFA

Hi

Is there a time limit on completion of the CFA exams? I passed the June level 2 exam but I don’t think I want to do level 3 anytime soon. I do intend to finish level 3 just for the sake of completion and for my own satisfaction maybe 10/20 years later if I am still interested in it and the knowledge is still applicable to what I want to do. Is it still possible to come back to where I left off?

I think this is common knowledge but I can’t find any confirmation anywhere including on the CFA institute website.

Thanks

Chris

I don’t believe so, no. But when in doubt, sending the CFAI an email is always your best bet.

I believe that you have to complete it within your own lifetime.

Nothing more restrictive than that, however.

Can I carry over my results to my next lifetime? I’m a little busy in this one.

Surely less work to do it know while your knowledge is fresh, the material will move on in 10-20 years time.

You’re by far my favorite poster on here.

No expiration as far as I know, but don’t kid yourself, the likelihood of you coming back in 10/20 years to finish level 3 is slim to none.

I know a guy who has been sitting for the CFA exams over that last 20 years (no breaks).

#notkidding

Can you register for levels you have already passed just for fun…? asking for a friend…

Can’t say for sure, but if CFA charterholders can’t even view the prior year’s LIII exam on the Web site, then I’d imagine they’re not allowed to re-sit for any of the exams either.

Tell that to your “friend”…

#ciao

I’d hire the guy in the spot. He might not be the brightest bulb but he surely has grit and balls like no other!

Really? You’d want to hire the guy that still couldn’t get it right after 20 years?

I was thinking maybe by then there will be advancements in human brain capacity so that I can complete the CFA instead of doing grade school. You know get it out of the way before life gets in the way.

I trust that this is a typo.

If third graders start passing the CFA exams, I’m retiring.