Anyone else have no motivation right now?

I was in the library last night trying to crack the books. I maybe read for like 20 minutes before I started watching old vine videos for two hours. The other thing that made it tough is my girl studied with me a bunch and was a contributing factor to me passing L2 and we split. So right now I associate studying with her.

which is the softest thing I’ll ever write.

******* I want this crap to be over so bad.

I think the starting to study part is the hardest for all exams. For Level 3, my original plan was to start in January 2018 but I didn’t end up starting until first day of March 2018 because I had 0 motivation to start. Every time I would sit down to try and study, I would pull my phone and start playing some game (hint: put your phone in silent mode and place it somewhere out of reach). I’m sure you know this from previous levels, but as the days go by, studying will become more natural and you won’t feel demotivated.

Personally, I found Level 3 to be a lot more interesting/entertaining in terms of the curriculum than Level I and Level II, and it definitely felt easier than Level II. Sure, the essay part is a bitch, but as long as you are comfortable with the material, and you do enough mock exams, you will have no trouble passing at all.

Good luck, you’re almost there!

The juice is worth the squeeze… Right? I’m pretty DGAF about CFA right now brah.

Amen. I’m sure you’ll be dropping “the D” pretty soon :wink:

Haha! I’m mopping what you’re spilling.

You have lots of time yet. Go juice some other squeeze!! :+1:

The guy from the other topics “CFA vs. MBA” is jeopardizing my motivation.

whenever i feel depressed. i just look at yoga pants reddit. yoga pants hotties. usually makes me feel better!

the guy is me i assume?

It’s a great tool depending on what you’re trying get out of the CFA program.

I certainly learned a lot from the program and enjoyable and certainly proud of myself after reading the PASS email for L3.

For me, the motivation for me to study was the fear of failing the exam and how embarrassing it would be.

Hah, yes bro it was you. However, the reality is that you are right regarding MBA and CFA. That’s exactly what brings me down now. Since I don’t have much money for top MBA, I thought I could hit top jobs with CFA charter solely.

If you don’t pass 3 this year how you gonna offer those chicks superior returns bro?

#NoFappingEither

I love her.

The past couple of days I’ve wanted to do anything but CFA questions…maybe it’s the subject (econ), but I hope this passes!

Just keep at it. Hard work pays off

I understand you very well… But you know what, as long as you proceed with studying this will go by. I also had a similar situation. When I was opening the books and my thoughts were drifting to my boyfriend with whom we discussed a lot of topics…

The thing is, try to imagine - after the exam you will be grateful to your own self, - that notwithstanding emotional sway, in any case you didn’t stop.

Because time changes, and who knows? - maybe your relationships will recover. And what will you be saying to yourself then? And how will you justify it to yourself…

One more thing is when you decide for sure to continue, whichever thoughts come to your mind about your girlfriend, the old emotional “anchors” will be substituted by new ones. That’s why - try to make this exam associated with pleasant feelings and pleasant company of your best friends… or just start preparing in new nice places - cafes, parks… or anywhere where you haven’t been with your girlfriend. The goal is to get the feeling that this belongs just to you and not to her.

I hope this helps. Wishing you all the best!!! And please, don’t give up. I’ve been through it myself and it works. If what, write me a personal message, I won’t let you give up

Did you split on good or bad terms? If it was bad, use this as your motivation to get a sweet “revenge” on her. One day, when you’ve earned the charter, make good money, and become super successful, she will then realize that it was truly her loss for splitting up with you. Chase money, don’t chase woman. If you have money, woman will chase you. Look at Hugh Heffner.

Deep thoughts from lvl1 candidate. You’ll be the next Marcus Aurelius by the time you’re lvl3

I’m in the same boat (minus the split). Excitement from L2 pass has worn off, holidays are approaching, and we still have more than enough time to get this thing done, so I’ve decided to put off any further studies until January and just enjoy the next month with family and friends. In my experience, its best not to fight a study lag. Much better to take a little break and come back refreshed recharged and ready to work!