Suggestions for level 1 minimum passing score

Hi,

Can anyone suggest how to score minimum passing level as i have not prepared all topics. Just completed ethics and starting FRA. Rest all topics are pending and only 10 days left.

That is a risky approach you have taken. Your best bet is to ignore the curriculum, get someone to share his or hers level 1 notes (in a summarized form) and memorize them. Try to incline more towards heavy-weight sections such as FRA, Equities etc… Later on you can focus on practicing mock exams.

With the time you have left and the progress you have mentioned, your chances of passing do appear slim. I would say bare minimum 2 months are needed to go over the curriculum, understand the concept and practice mock exams.

Nobody knows that answer. 10 days, left. You best best is to do mock exam one after anther until your eyes are bleeding. If CFA is your heart, at least sit for the exam.

Do mock exams. Good luck

You’ve only read ethics and barely started the FRA and you’re 10 days out??..

Son, I have some bad news.

Practice randomly selecting answers in mock exams. Who knows, maybe you’ll be able to crack some sort of pattern that you can use come exam day.

Got to love a post that says I known you all put in months of hard work but I could not be bothered…so you got any tips to help me chance it…

…sign up for June 2019 and stop trying take short cuts.

I would take this as practice and start preparing for June '19. Depending on your background you might pass in 10 days. I glanced over the materials in last couple of weeks. I haven’t started actually studying yet other than reading the prerequisite materials. Most of it seems to be review for someone who works in the industry, has a finance degree, and an MBA. The problem is that it is a lot if information. If you don’t have a good foundation, or eidetic memory, you’re screwed.

Here’s a strategy: Answer every question even if you don’t know the answer. You have a 1 in 3 chance on each question. Also, look for conflicting answers and pick the third option. Spend no more than 90 seconds on each question and try to use logic to work out an answer. Spend the next 10 days taking mocks and practicing that. You should really know what 90 seconds feels like. Also, get really good at ethics and any topic you’re strongest in. Review those subjects with the goal of getting all of those questions right. Buy that Kaplan quicksheet and try read that over several times.

Man…smh…

Feels like undergrad all over again…

I’m sitting for the CA Bar exam in just a few weeks, but unfortunately haven’t studied much. Only half-way through torts. But I’ve been watching Judge Judy/Joe Brown/People’s Court like there’s no tomorrow. How good are my chances?

#JustDrawingParallels

Yeah just that in undergrad such people mostly lost out after first year. My BBA we started off with 1000 students in first year. By second year it was down to 750, by third 600, and by fourth 500. I guess the “I-can’t-be-bothered” people only made it so far. In fact even out of the 500, I think only 450 graduated, the others stayed back for a fifth year because they couldn’t be bothered to sit for exams since they had secured full-time jobs.

I think you mean law bar exam. For CA you might want to watch BNN. That should help.

#JustAddingToTheParallels

http://majoredin.com/2018/06/26/liam-neeson-meme/liam-neeson-taken-liam-neeson-pinterestliam-neeson-meme/

This is an approach that I don’t understand at all. Yes, with luck and all, you might pass LVL1. Statistically speaking even a monkey might pass the exam since the questions a multiple choice questions…so you might pass but probably won’t…it will mostly depend on your past experiences and studies since you really haven’t prepared for the exam by studying for it. But even if you pass…so what? Who cares? What will happen next? Even if you would pass by sheer luck…good luck with LVL2…literally EVERYTHING on LVL2 is directly based on stuff you (were supposed to) see on LVL1…but way deeps and broader.

But I guess, for each it’s own.

Gods speed!