Take Level II in June 2019 after Dec 2018 Level I or wait until June 2020?
This last Saturday I sat for Level I and I’m trying to decide whether or not to take 3 weeks off before start studying for Level II or wait for June 2020.
I know this can be a recurring thread, but I would like to know your thoughts of this. My one concern for this is that I don’t want to burnout. For Level I, I started with around ~15 hours a week for the first 1-2 months. Then I ramped up to 20-25 hours per week for the last 3 months.
I studied most of the time with Schweser, and some more challenging readings (Derivatives, Fixed Income, PM) with the CFAI textbooks. I think my one major problem was that I took extensive notes for every reading (that I didn’t review either) and I realized of this mistake at the end, at the beginning of October.
So my questions are:
Should I go and start studying (after a break) for Level II or wait until June 2020?
If so, what strategy should I have for Level II? How different is compared with Level I?
Any recommendations of prep providers for Level II? I really liked MM for Economics (I didn’t have any Macro in my undergrad, so I picked him because I had only 2 weeks to study Economics).
Should you have any other advice, feel free to comment please!
Thanks in advance!
P.S.: Please consider that my native language is Spanish.
Study together. Pass together.
Join the world's largest online community of CFA, CAIA and FRM candidates.