Refreshing older topics

Hey guys, was just wondering what is a good way to refresh older material? I understand questions, questions and more questions can help cement concepts. But I think taking questions without reviewing material is really just wasting the questions, especially if I get them wrong.

Right now, for example, I am finishing up derivatives. When I try to jog my memory and try to recall something from Quant, it is fuzzy…and that scares me. Of course, when I was on Quant, everything was making perfect sense and I did quite a few questions, then it was time to move on to the next topic.

I have made flashcards of formulas, so I suppose that is a start. Guess I should review the flashcards, then take questions? Or read through the material once more, then take questions? The second method may take time away, especially for longer, denser topics.

I fear things are not sticking into long term memory…=/ any suggestions?

Do not re-read the books - that is a time waster. Reading the books is maybe 30% of the required work to pass. You need to be disciplined in reviewing your flashcards better. Yeah it may suck spending an hour and a half every single day going over 500 or so flash cards (I think I had a little under 600 and it could take me up to two hours sometimes), but failing and effectively cucking yourself for having spent so long in the library studying will suck even more the next year when you have re-take it.

Makes sense. That’s the amount of work it takes, it seems. There’s just no room to underestimate LII. Makes LI look easy.

Thanks for the advice.

A strategy which I have found to be pretty useful during review is to first read through the end-of-chapter summary (it really highlights they key parts very nicely) and then go through main parts of your own notes (or flashcards etc). Then start doing the EOCs. Once you’re done with the EOC, everything start making sense again :slight_smile:

Agreed! After I initially posted this question, that’s what I started doing and was surprised how fast it was coming back to me. Just need to keep refreshing using notes/summaries/flashcards and taking questions. :slight_smile: Appreciate the advice and confirmation.