work experience for getting cfa charter

I have 3.5 year investment related work experience and is less of half year experience to complete the 4 year requirement. now I started a firm in wealth planning, taxation, etc. Does this type of experience count toward related work experience for cfa charter application? I may or may not have wealth planning client immediately but will involve in taking relevant training, research etc. 

any input, thank you!

Make the most of your CFA® Progam prep in one weekend! Join renowned instructors Peter Olinto & David Hetherington in May for a live, two-day intensive final review class.

The job does. Not sure about training. I suppose of its experienntial training you will be working in the investment decision making process…  All of my financial planning time was accepted. 

Financial Planner
BBA (Finance & International Business) 1998,
MBA (With a Global Perspective) 2011,
ChFC® 2018, CLU® 2019
Owns an Independent RIA/Insurance Agency
Series 65, Life, Annuities, Health (Expired 6,63)

Thank you so much for the information. Do I need to get reference for the taxation, wealth planning job, I mean the business I run?  I am the only person in the business. Or does it make sense to add my spouse to the business so that he can write a reference for me? Thanks again!

If you don’t have a good reference,  call your local society. They may provide a reference for you after an interview. 

Financial Planner
BBA (Finance & International Business) 1998,
MBA (With a Global Perspective) 2011,
ChFC® 2018, CLU® 2019
Owns an Independent RIA/Insurance Agency
Series 65, Life, Annuities, Health (Expired 6,63)