work experience for getting cfa charter

I have 3.5 year investment related work experience and is less of half year experience to complete the 4 year requirement. now I started a firm in wealth planning, taxation, etc. Does this type of experience count toward related work experience for cfa charter application? I may or may not have wealth planning client immediately but will involve in taking relevant training, research etc. 

any input, thank you!

Schweser's upgraded learning platform and refreshed content are exactly what you need to prepare to pass the CFA® Program exam. Save 10% when you order a Premium Package for a limited time.

The job does. Not sure about training. I suppose of its experienntial training you will be working in the investment decision making process…  All of my financial planning time was accepted. 

Financial Planner
BBA (Finance & International Business) 1998,
MBA (With a Global Perspective) 2011,
ChFC® 2018, CLU® 2019
Owns an Independent RIA/Insurance Agency
Series 65, Life, Annuities, Health (Expired 6,63)

Thank you so much for the information. Do I need to get reference for the taxation, wealth planning job, I mean the business I run?  I am the only person in the business. Or does it make sense to add my spouse to the business so that he can write a reference for me? Thanks again!

If you don’t have a good reference,  call your local society. They may provide a reference for you after an interview. 

Financial Planner
BBA (Finance & International Business) 1998,
MBA (With a Global Perspective) 2011,
ChFC® 2018, CLU® 2019
Owns an Independent RIA/Insurance Agency
Series 65, Life, Annuities, Health (Expired 6,63)