Is it ever appropriate to ask to be moved?

I’m curious…this Saturday I sat next to a young man (maybe 21-22) to take the exam. It became clear very soon after we started that he was agitated. He was violently flipping the pages of the booklet (I know, we all flip back and forth, but this was with excessive force and created a lot of noise), forcefully erasing causing the whole table to shake, he kept making disgruntled sounds, at a few points during the exam he was thumping/hitting himself on his arms and chest (maybe to circulate blood??). At one point he ran (yes, ran) to the water cooler, downed water, and ran back to the desk. Luckily I had brought ear plugs and that helped me tune out some of this, but some was still disruptive. All in all, it was not ideal but I managed.

But it got me thinking…if this really bothered me, could I ask to be seated somewhere else? Is that an option?

#farts

you call the proctor and raise your concern…let the proctor do his/her job

It’d waste minutes that you could use answering questions. The proctor would probably just deny you anyways. I wonder what CFAI’s protocol is for a fire emergency. “CANDIDATES - PLEASE REMEMBER DESPITE THIS LIFE-THREATENING SITUATION YOU ARE STILL BOUND BY THE PLEDGE YOU JUST SIGNED. PLEASE WAIT FOR PROCTORS TO COME AROUND AND COLLECT YOUR EXAM BEFORE YOU LEAVE”. 10 minutes later…with the flame melting away your skin and bones “YOU ARE NOW DISMISSED”

if this bothers you how are you going to handle a client yelling at you at 3 am while printing

Good point. No body interrupts printing time

In my case, not a problem. I work in the industry and we’re the client…so I can be the one yelling :wink: