Day Trading as a career

Hello everyone!

I am gonna ask something which isn’t directly relevant to this forum but I believe that the members of this forum can guide me better than any other forum(Quora for example). I’ll appreciate if someone is willing to answer.

I am a ACCA Affiliate and a CFA level 2 candidate. I know myself better than anyone else and I know I do not have a job temperament. I am not ready to take orders from someone for the rest of my life. right now I am doing job just to earn and save some money to start day trading(minimum $25000 as per FINRA requirement and i will increase capital with time). I do not have any other business plan and I find stock trading the only thing which I can do for living other than job. I am tilted to stock trading also because my current qualification is somewhat relevant to stock trading and I know about stocks better than an average person. I am not in a hurry right now and my plan is to learn stock trading at least up to certain level. can you guys suggest me the right way to learn stock trading(online mentors, which one is the right paper trading simulator for learning etc)

please also suggest something useful for my future plans and let me know if it is wise to pick day trading as a full time career.

Thank You.

Can you daytrade with CFA knowledge?

Can you daytrade with CFA knowledge? (Is It enough)

Why do you always have to repeat your comments? There is an edit button, dummy LOL

Honestly, look for a job!

With 25k there is not much to day trade. And knowing more about stocks than an average person doesn’t mean anything. You need to know more than the average market participants - and that is dammed difficult…

Regards, Oscar

With $25k you won’t have access to much leverage on stocks, don’t expect to earn a whole lot day trading.

D ay trader = day fader. I advise you to rethink your career path. In day trading, you’ll learn the hard way that markets are efficient enough not to allow above average performance. You’re welcome to try though; at least you’ll be providing liquidity to other market participants.

That is harsh. But i agree.

Here’s what ya oughta do bro - figure out a way to get European citizenship. Then, transfer the $25K into some British bank somewhere. Open up a European FX account - you don’t want to use an American broker. In America the max leverage they’ll give you is 50 times. But in BSD Europe, it’s 500!!

With your $25K you can control a portfolio worth $12.5 million baby!! Now that’s fucking leverage! You could leverage yourself so much to the point where every 1 pip you lose costs you $1,150!! TALK about making $10K/day!

Obviously you can’t sue me if you lose your shirt though.

whoa had no idea that currency leverage was that high.

I tend to do that for retarded people like you, who dont get it from the first time.

Seriously, both of you have to stop this. I know it’s none of my business and I don’t know who started first but come on please. You guys are better than this. Anyway, happy studying and wishing you guys the best for 2020.

I am just having some fun in my breaks lol

But to answer your question, it was him who first thought he was smart enough to mess with me, now he has to live with constant sarcasm, I guess!

A little feistiness makes AF more interesting.

Maybe one day, LadyMacbeth and dasstienn become a good friend. :wink:

haha, like the episode when Tom and Jerry shared a meal together!

I am generally very peaceful and genuine in my posts and answers to most people here, but I do not like to be trolled, then I turn into a troll myself lol

lol! Seems like the general trend in AF.

Well I told her I don’t wanna date her, but she still keeps insisting. Lady, stop flirting!

Haha troll, you turned to pettish little kid

I think you two would make a cute couple then. :wink:

Anyway, I like how AF forum works here. Starting by “Day trading Career Question” and ending up with “How I met your mother” story. :+1: