Chart for Solow Model

Hi Everybody,

I need to graph Solow model, though it’s not as easy task as I hoped for. I looked for excel charts in internet and there is a problem with every single one of them. I’ll try to explain my point.

per capita output function: y=ka

k at time t = k at time t-1 + investment - d * k at time t, where d is depreciation rate: k(t) = k(t-1) + i - d*(k(t-1)

i is the function of y: i = y*s where s is the savings rate and is held constant

Now about the problem - everything is intertwined and function of each other - thus I have “circular reference problem” in excel. I don’t have truly independent variable as input. In sources I found in internet, they ignore the capital equation k(t) = k(t-1) + i - d*(k(t-1), which is independently is graphed and actual capital growth given for y calculation is different.

I hope I made the point as clear as possible.

I would appreciate your help!

Stop wasting your valuable time with unreliable and bogus strategies for passing the CFA exam. Schweser prepares you for success with adaptive tools, expert instruction, and proven study techniques personalized to your unique learning style.

Can you please super smart people solve this problem?