Are you being investigated!!!

Saw someone looked at my LinkedIn profile and their profile indicates “Compliance Connection at CFA Institute” ..

So I was curious and did a search for that… and came up with:

Quote:

Have you ever wondered how the professional conduct of our 150,000+ members around the world is monitored?

One way is through Compliance Connection, a global network of CFA Institute members who volunteer to actively monitor local news sources for information related to professional misconduct. Formed by the Professional Conduct team, CFA Institute, Compliance Connection currently includes more than 270 charterholders in 83 markets who monitor more than 300 sources. Of these sources, many of which were previously unavailable to CFA Institute,120 are not in English. So, using this global network of volunteers vastly extends the reach of our monitoring efforts, and strengthens our ability to protect the reputation of CFA Institute, our designations, and ultimately, our members and societies.

After one year in operation, the work of Compliance Connection has resulted in 41 new investigations of active members or candidates. It has also created 40 new “watch matters,” which locks a lapsed member’s or candidate’s account and sets up a notification to Professional Conduct if the individual tries to renew or register for an exam.

The monitoring simply involves the volunteer regularly reading his chosen source and looking for information about possible industry-related misconduct. When an article or information about a potential transgression is found, the volunteer forwards that information to the Professional Conduct team for further research.

And it looks like they earn credits for taking down candidates and charterholders. Yikes, theres’ a community of bounty hunters out there! Maybe they are recruiting me? Or maynbe I’m a target?

Stop wasting your valuable time with unreliable and bogus strategies for passing the CFA exam. Schweser prepares you for success with adaptive tools, expert instruction, and proven study techniques personalized to your unique learning style.

I don’t pay for premium so I can’t tell who’s actually looking at my profile. 

It can’t be hard not to screw up though I’d argue.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Make sure you pay your dues or one of these volunteers will rat you out!

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

I, for one, always knew that you were shady.

wink

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

one advantage of electronic testing is that it significantly reduces the chances of candidate misconduct:

1) candidates are required to bring a valid id, and have their fingerprint and photo taken, so there is little chance for impersonation

2) candidates are screened in advance with a metal detector and common sense (if you thought you could hide your notes in your sleeves or in your pockets, that is too bad)

3) candidates are not allowed to bring anything, with the possible exception of approved calculators, which are reset by the proctor before the candidate is allowed into the examination room. if you bring a potentially rule-breaking gadget (such as fitbit), the proctor will take it from you right then and there.

4) because the exam is timed through the computer, once the time is over, it is over. the pc will automatically shut off the exam and submit your results automatically. if you needed an extra half-a second, that is too bad. this is unlike in a traditional testing environment, where the candidate has an incentive to use an extra minute or two to finish up their exam (this is of course, not allowed, but there is nothing stopping them from doing so if the proctor isnt looking).

5) it should be worth mentioning that candidates are monitored just as heavily, if not more, via computerized testing.

edit: here is an extra #6

6) candidates are separated by stalls, and typically if you are so unfortunate as to have to seat next to someone, there is a virtual certainty that they are taking a completely different exam, so peeking is not only impossible, it is of no use.

I dont pay for premium either.. This is one of those random ones that let me view for free.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

I don’t pay for premium so I can’t tell who’s actually looking at my profile. 

It can’t be hard not to screw up though I’d argue.

It’s not about linkedin or anything.. Its about investigating individuals!!!

Lavrentiy Beria told Stalin ‘show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.’

You ever heard of the word, Witchhunt and Fishing Expedition!

got that the other day too. they’re always watching!

Fingerprints??????? Is a body cavity search next on the list???? surprise

“Mmmmmm, something…” - H. Simpson

breadmaker wrote:

Fingerprints??????? Is a body cavity search next on the list???? surprise

uh-la-la ;) 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

Has anyone heard from 125mph since he made this thread? 

or did the CFA Illuminati get him already? Oh God. Am I next???

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

So im guessing they’ll only look at members who are using the designation and checking if they really have the right to use it?

It was a long shot, glad i made it.

Epsilon wrote:

So im guessing they’ll only look at members who are using the designation and checking if they really have the right to use it?

No, they are looking at everything:

1.) Have you made an ethics violation

2.) Do you have outstanding a parking ticket

3.) Have you used the designation incorrectly

4.) Have you declared bankruptcy

5.) Are you part of any scams or fraud

6.) Are you insider trading

7.) Are you double dealing / double dipping

8.) Are you guaranteeing superior returns and did not pass 3 for 3.

9.) Did you pay Bill Campbell to grade your mocks..

10.) Do you have a tax lien 

11.) Do you have unpaid child support

The list is long.. those are just 11 examples.

125mph wrote:

Epsilon wrote:

No, they are looking at everything:

1.) Have you made an ethics violation

2.) Do you have outstanding a parking ticket

3.) Have you used the designation incorrectly

4.) Have you declared bankruptcy

5.) Are you part of any scams or fraud

6.) Are you insider trading

7.) Are you double dealing / double dipping

8.) Are you guaranteeing returns

10.) Do you have a tax lien 

11.) Do you have unpaid child support

The list is long.. those are just 11 examples.

Wait, I thought that if you went 3/3, you are allowed to guarantee superior returns. 

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

Codtrawler87 wrote:

Wait, I thought that if you went 3/3, you are allowed to guarantee superior returns. 

Good catch, I just fixed the list.

125mph wrote:
Epsilon wrote:

Ouch!

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/