Are you being investigated!!!

Saw someone looked at my LinkedIn profile and their profile indicates “Compliance Connection at CFA Institute” …

So I was curious and did a search for that… and came up with:

And it looks like they earn credits for taking down candidates and charterholders. Yikes, theres’ a community of bounty hunters out there! Maybe they are recruiting me? Or maynbe I’m a target?

I don’t pay for premium so I can’t tell who’s actually looking at my profile.

It can’t be hard not to screw up though I’d argue.

Make sure you pay your dues or one of these volunteers will rat you out!

I, for one, always knew that you were shady.

:wink:

one advantage of electronic testing is that it significantly reduces the chances of candidate misconduct:

1. candidates are required to bring a valid id, and have their fingerprint and photo taken, so there is little chance for impersonation

2. candidates are screened in advance with a metal detector and common sense (if you thought you could hide your notes in your sleeves or in your pockets, that is too bad)

3. candidates are not allowed to bring anything, with the possible exception of approved calculators, which are reset by the proctor before the candidate is allowed into the examination room. if you bring a potentially rule-breaking gadget (such as fitbit), the proctor will take it from you right then and there.

4. because the exam is timed through the computer, once the time is over, it is over. the pc will automatically shut off the exam and submit your results automatically. if you needed an extra half-a second, that is too bad. this is unlike in a traditional testing environment, where the candidate has an incentive to use an extra minute or two to finish up their exam (this is of course, not allowed, but there is nothing stopping them from doing so if the proctor isnt looking).

5. it should be worth mentioning that candidates are monitored just as heavily, if not more, via computerized testing.

edit: here is an extra #6

1. candidates are separated by stalls, and typically if you are so unfortunate as to have to seat next to someone, there is a virtual certainty that they are taking a completely different exam, so peeking is not only impossible, it is of no use.

I dont pay for premium either… This is one of those random ones that let me view for free.

It’s not about linkedin or anything… Its about investigating individuals!!!

Lavrentiy Beria told Stalin ‘show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.’

You ever heard of the word, Witchhunt and Fishing Expedition!

got that the other day too. they’re always watching!

Fingerprints??? Is a body cavity search next on the list??? :open_mouth:

uh-la-la :wink:

Has anyone heard from 125mph since he made this thread?

or did the CFA Illuminati get him already? Oh God. Am I next???

So im guessing they’ll only look at members who are using the designation and checking if they really have the right to use it?

No, they are looking at everything:

1.) Have you made an ethics violation

2.) Do you have outstanding a parking ticket

3.) Have you used the designation incorrectly

4.) Have you declared bankruptcy

5.) Are you part of any scams or fraud

6.) Are you insider trading

7.) Are you double dealing / double dipping

8.) Are you guaranteeing superior returns and did not pass 3 for 3.

9.) Did you pay Bill Campbell to grade your mocks…

10.) Do you have a tax lien

11.) Do you have unpaid child support

The list is long… those are just 11 examples.

Wait, I thought that if you went 3/3, you are allowed to guarantee superior returns.

Good catch, I just fixed the list.

Ouch!

how did you cheat?