Big 4 Valuation Salaries?

I am curious as to what an expected salary of a Manager in a Big 4 type Valuation Group in a major city (NYC, San Fran, DC) would be. Any thoughts/experiences etc? Thx

depends on your experience and educational background. I know a 1st year senior in BIG 4 with two years of credit analyst experience (at GE) and one year of big 4 valuation experience, has a MBA and CPA and is a level 3 candidate for CFA making $105 as base at another BIG 4.

sid, thx…do you mind telling me what city?

I have a close friend that has BBA in acounting and Masters in Acct… CPA and level 3 candidate finsihing up second year and making 57k at D&T… think he is up for pormotion next year…

dieselbp67 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sid, > > thx…do you mind telling me what city? Edison, New Jersey

my bud is in houston

just out of curiosity. is the masters in accounting nad CPA redundant?

I was under the impression that getting a master’s in accounting is for people who didn’t major in accounting or never went to business school for their undergrad. I think it’s the same thing as a CPA full major at an undergrad B-school (10 2-3 credit courses). You need to take the full accounting spectrum just to sit for the CPA exam.

I think school offer the masters to fulfill the hours to sit for CPA

It’s 120/150 credits depending on the state… I think as far as accounting goes, the only way to get more advanced than CPA is to take the other three mini accounting desigs CIA, CMA, CFM, and get an accounting PH.D…

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think school offer the masters to fulfill the > hours to sit for CPA Bingo bango.

Is it necessary to have an undergrad in accounting or will an Masters of Accounting work for CPA requirements. I have been looking around and it appears you could get an Masters of Accounting online and then sit for the CPA exams.

recycler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it necessary to have an undergrad in accounting > or will an Masters of Accounting work for CPA > requirements. I have been looking around and it > appears you could get an Masters of Accounting > online and then sit for the CPA exams. look at the state requirements you want to apply for. Some states, in addition to 150 credit hours, will require you to have certain number of hours in tax/law’accounting and other BS. A 30 credit hour MS in accounting may not be helpful in such cases.