Something Hilarious

I went to a bar over the weekend and an “independent representative” from PRIMERICA approached me- holy sh(*&(*& fest! I cannot believe there are individuals out there that are even allowed to represent themselves to others as having the slightest bit of knowledge whatso ever…hilarious- when i asked him if there was a difference between a term life insurance and annuities- he said’ we sell them both"!!! LMAO

Were they recruiting you? I’ve had a few bozos try that on me.

they had no idea who they were talking to- maybe because i had a couple of drinks at the bar, they figured i was just some college girl who maybe needed a job lol- it mustve been the most hilarious experience i have ever had!!! the rep did not know anything, and neither could he say anything really cus he wasnt even licensed lol jeez what a putz! they try to recruit everyone and everything and i guess once they realize you may have a clue, they just keep going and then you have to almost turn them off because you dont want to bend them over! lol

yeah, I once had one of the nutjobs try and recruit me. What a joke. Citi really has a lot of crap in their closets…

Primerica is just financial services version of Amway.

aren’t those the usana vitamins bs?

They are like a cult …some of those " Financial Service Representatives " think they have the best jobs in the world …I almost kicked one of them in the nuts when he wd’n listen to my polite - I 'm sorry its not something i would be interested in .

lol, i’ve been approached by " Financial Service Representatives " as well, but at a bar… hah man that’s rich. Nothing like spending friday night talking about term life insurance.

I’m sympathetic to the life of the individual sales guys… BUT It drives me crazy when primericans tie their possible success to the assets of the company, etc. and the mystery of the rule of 72.

rubikcube Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I went to a bar over the weekend and an > “independent representative” from PRIMERICA > approached me- holy sh(*&(*& fest! I cannot > believe there are individuals out there that are > even allowed to represent themselves to others as > having the slightest bit of knowledge whatso > ever…hilarious- when i asked him if there was a > difference between a term life insurance and > annuities- he said’ we sell them both"!!! LMAO Gotta love salesmen like that - they are the same because I sell them both. There’s a purity in that which I admire.

Primerica attempted to recruit me when I started university. I thought this could be a good way to gain some sales experience through a credible financial institution. These guys were much more focused on recruiting and building a pyramid scheme then anything else. However this, is simply my opinion.

hueion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m sympathetic to the life of the individual > sales guys… BUT > > It drives me crazy when primericans tie their > possible success to the assets of the company, > etc. and the mystery of the rule of 72. hahahah I love this, I had the same thing happen to me. You know you got problems when your best sales tactic is busting out the rule of 72…my favorit part of dealing with these guys was when I asked the rep what he was doing before he was in the investment industry, he looked me straight in the face and told me up until 6 weeks ago he had been laying carpet for a living…needless to say the meeting ended pretty quickly

Ah, the good old rule of 72. I ran into an old friend at a party recently. Come to find out he is working on a MBA through U. Phoenix. He had just finished talking Investments and was trying to wow me with the power of the rule of 72. When I asked him about CAPM, Black-Scholes, bond pricing, etc. he said “We didn’t learn any of that technical analysis crap”!!! So what did he learn in the rigorous 6 week U. Phoenix Investments course? How to read a 10-k. They spent 6 weeks reading 10-k’s. He was so impressed with his vast investment knowledge I almost had to laugh (or kick him in the nads after an hour of hearing him try to brag). The sad thing is he convinced a bunch of friends to give him their money to invest.

Someone at my old firm (an independent valuation firm) won a free lunch at a local restaurant, so she took us all out. When we got there, we learned that the whole thing was sponsored by some Primerica dude, and we had to listen to his spiel while we ate. This yahoo tried to convince a bunch of CFA charterholders and candidates - many of whom had 15+ years in the investment industry - that we should give him our money. The core of his pitch? A dollar saved today may actually be worth more than a dollar at retirement!! Wow!!! His whole talk pretty much ruined the lunch, proving again that there is no free lunch.