WillyR

You ever end up applying to Fuqua?

I did yes grunt and they were VERY positive re: my app. The problem is the following… A US Recession in financial services. $110,000 Tuition My employers willingness to only pony up about half the tuition My already being a CFA I got a part time teaching job It just was not meant to be. Plus, and I will be frank, I just want to get married, have a few kids and oversee a small team of analysts and portfolio managers, and turn my part-time teaching gig into a long term value proposition when I hit the big five zero…you know…two three days a week of teaching. Work is b.s. grunt, never forget that. The other thing too is that I was fairly confident, convinced in fact, that I could drop $100K into a house and attain a MUCH better long-term ROE. When you hit the big three zero, you just think differently I suppose. Willy

“It just was not meant to be. Plus, and I will be frank, I just want to get married, have a few kids and oversee a small team of analysts and portfolio managers, and turn my part-time teaching gig into a long term value proposition when I hit the big five zero…you know…two three days a week of teaching. Work is b.s. grunt, never forget that. The other thing too is that I was fairly confident, convinced in fact, that I could drop $100K into a house and attain a MUCH better long-term ROE. When you hit the big three zero, you just think differently I suppose.” I just threw up…Will, we were making such progress then you throw this one out there. What happened, the TSX is on a great run this week. You not winning the steak knives this week?

> My already being a CFA Me and the CFA Institute are ashamed. tsk tsk. I’m turning into the noun police, and i don’t even know why. sorry guys.

Hmmm… it sounds like they positively rejected you with a very positive spin.

Turkish, honestly. Get a internet connection that supports a faster bandwidth. That way, perhaps, you might notice that the TSX has been motoring along JUST FINE as of late thank-you very much. In fact, all these idiotic analysts saying MY GOD!!! there is so much risk in commodities or the Loonie has GOT TO come down because some a-hole came up with a model that said it should or that Gold is going to tank are just insane and, yeah, I know what I do and so do you guys. But at least I have enough brains to guide my high net worth clientele - those are people with serious money who THINK Turkish - to order up SMA structures that reflect my over arching vision. Willy

CFA CFA CFA!!! I am A CFA!!! What are they going to do, revoke my designation…lol!!! Has it not occured to anyone that I am still WELL within my right to say Willy Spicy Rubrarb earned the chartered financial analyst designation in 2004 when the exams were hard and had FOUR item set options. Willy

sounds like you got positively fuqua’d by the admissions committee, WillyR

Fuqua you numi. Willy R

Hey WillyR, are you a Canadian fund manager? I have an investment idea/proposal to buyout a $30 million dollar mutual fund that is masquerading as an oil & gas company. I need to find someone who has $30M, likes small illiquid resource type value stocks and is willing to not steal my idea and runoff with it. The upside is 100% and the downside is VERY minimal.

Hold the phone here Wil, I sincerely ask how your week is going and you attempt to burn me with a 1998 “bandwidth” joke? I can not believe that, here I am, trying to keep you in the industry and not to give up, just b/c you hit the ripe age of 30… That’s it…I’m going to Vertical to do some JD shots.

I don’t see anything wrong with what WillyR said, in fact, it is probably the most realistic and sensible thing I have ever read on this forum about what people think they will be doing in the future. I am a lot younger but he has a great plan and once you make some money why not do some teaching at a university and make easy money and golf every single day…it would be like high school all over again but the booze would be obtained legally.

well, i don’t think anyone really saw anything wrong with what WillyR said…just trying to make light of the situation. hopefully he didn’t take what i said too literally or seriously.

How difficult would it be to land a part-time teaching gig at a small college? I thought you had to have a PhD?

Well I kinda took it and applied it to me, if you have a CA you can teach accounting and what not at Canadian universities. Probably need a PhD or extensive experience for other areas.

You don’t need a Doctorate to teach a CFA prep course or an IFIC exam course guys. Wakie wakie. Willy

xck2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > My already being a CFA > > Me and the CFA Institute are ashamed. tsk tsk. > I’m turning into the noun police, and i don’t even > know why. sorry guys. “Me and the CFA Institute?” Do the noun police not have jurisdiction over pronouns?

Turkish come on, get a life. And you might want to cut back on the java. Willy

goblue06 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > xck2000 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > My already being a CFA > > > > Me and the CFA Institute are ashamed. tsk tsk. > > > I’m turning into the noun police, and i don’t > even > > know why. sorry guys. > > “Me and the CFA Institute?” Do the noun police > not have jurisdiction over pronouns? Nope, pronouns are under the jurisdiction of the grammar police, and technically have no really authority. You can think of them as the figure heads of the written standards enforcement branch. Many of their officers speak of their laws but nobody really gives a s*** what they actually say.

…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. willy