50% of ticketed prices at Saks

the travesty that we call fashion in the investment industry can be fixed pretty inexpensively this week at Saks. Brioni, Canali, Givenchy, Zegna, Kiton, Armani and Ferragamo etc. Super cheap. People step your fashion game up…

“off”

BTW, Saks stock is also selling at 50% off.

weak sss comps, and what I expect to be awful margins given the sales, SKS is a falling knife.

buddha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > weak sss comps, and what I expect to be awful > margins given the sales, SKS is a falling knife. damn, i don’t follow that company but its impressive how closely their revenues are related to the financial sector. how long is this going to last? I cant fly out there until the second week of august.

around the same time that saks has sales, so do barneys, bergdorf goodman, and other manhattan department stores. i think the next big sale will be around labor day weekend. they have sales all the time…no need to rush

there is need to rush, this is the stuff that has been on sale since chritmas. So on a Brioni shirt that is $225 it was probably something like $138 around the post christmas sale. 3 weeks ago they were taking 33% of that price so roughly $100 this week it is 50% of that price, so $70!!! Yes, they will be having a labor day sale as they do every year, but it will mostly be stuff they mark down from july and august sihpments so they can make room for winter stuff. Brioni shirts will still be $150ish.

good call buddha, got a nice suit for like 35% of original list price. thanks for posting.

you couldn’t pay me to look like this guy http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446196741&FOLDER<>folder_id=282574492047943&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=1215987290786&ev19=1:1

wow, it would cost me one month’s rent just to look like that dickbag.

Holy moly. $1,500 for a turtleneck? Rich people really don’t know what to do with their money, do they?

What is wrong with a nice turtleneck? I have a Loro Piana sweater that was $1200, stop the negativity, and start feeling like a million bucks… And for the record, to whoever it was who was all about a purple shirt yellow tie wardrobe, that is not what I think of as trendy.

buddha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is wrong with a nice turtleneck? > > I have a Loro Piana sweater that was $1200, stop > the negativity, and start feeling like a million > bucks… > > > And for the record, to whoever it was who was all > about a purple shirt yellow tie wardrobe, that is > not what I think of as trendy. I think my entire lifetime wardrobe didn’t cost $1200 (unless we count athletic equipment clothing).

buddha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is wrong with a nice turtleneck? > > I have a Loro Piana sweater that was $1200, stop > the negativity, and start feeling like a million > bucks… > > > And for the record, to whoever it was who was all > about a purple shirt yellow tie wardrobe, that is > not what I think of as trendy. Seriously?? I really hope thats like .00001% of your net worth. Actually, that may be possible since it’s value dropped to about 6 bucks once you put it on. Are you male?? …

^ Well…let’s see I was talking about Brioni and Canali suits…hmmm…yep, I’m male. And it is more than 0.00001% of my net worth. But why shouldn’t it be? I take pride in my dress and my image just as much as I do in my work.

thats almost a years worth of electricity bills!

^ I think thats great, and agree that ones confidence and general outlook can benefit greatly from looking great, but does the fact that it cost $1200 make it more fashionable and/or flattering than a $350 sweater. I think there is a point where quality and style vs value are maximized… I’ll call it my “efficient wardrobe frontier”. There are circumstances where “trend” risk is lower-> allowing one to allocate more capital to this sector as its value will tend to hold. But seriously- $1200 for a sweater??? I hope you wear it everyday.

Your $1,200 Loro Piana sweater costs more than my $1,100 bespoke Loro Piana wool suit…

I am a strong believer in the “Akanska Wardrobe Frontier” I guess if you’re old and have nothing better to spend your money on, then the frontier isn’t in any way a normal distribution. My question is, why is a guy who owns a $1200 sweater on AF? I mean my most expensive suit is $300, but I’m young and my job shouldn’t be as demanding as a guy with a $1200 sweater, hehe. I’m the kind of guy who’d rather take my wife to 3 hockey games but I’m sure it’d be more like 2 hockey games and 1 basketball game, geez, what compromise eh. and to respond to you directly buddha, Why feel like a million bucks, when you can have a million bucks if you stop buying $1200 sweaters?

^ first of all I have no idea how this thread deviated so far from it’s orginal intentions. But since your post seems largely directed at me I feel obligated to respond. I’m in my mid 20’s, I’m on AF because I’m still taking the CFAs, but find the GD section entertaining. I find that pay is not directly correlated to business of jobs. I know guys who work analyst programs at bb who have absolutely nothing to do since there are minimal amounts of deal activity. And they are still making 50-100k more than I do. Money is merely a medium of exchange. Every attempt to accumalate it is with the intent that it will be spent at some point. So no, I’m not going to stop buying things that make me happy.