GS job?

Hi currently work at a family office. We do multimanager funds. I have exposure to hedge funds, private equity funds and bond fund. Mostly research strategies etc. Have been with company for months and previously worked in similar role for 1 year. Have CFA Level 3 etc. Role at Goldmans is available in UK, London: DUTIES >> The successful candidate would work as an analyst within our Tactical Research Group (TRG). TRG works closely with the Investment Review Committee to generate stock selection strategies to help institutionalise alpha within the department. The role would initially involve to support analysis and modeling around these strategies, and progress into a research role involving independent analysis of new investment opportunities. -Using Excel, VBA and our internal software to manage and structure complex financial data, integrating data from multiple sources -Create tools to automate reports and data requests from internal and external clients -Build and test models to evaluate quantitative investment strategies -Help design and refine investment strategies -Assist in writing and publishing research reports -Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders. SKILLS >> -Excellent Excel skills -Experience of programming in VBA, and ideally in other languages (e.g. SAS). -Excellent academic background (economics, accounting & finance, finance, financial mathematics, engineering up to master-level preferred). -CFA beneficial -Experience of Bloomberg, Datastream, Factset and their Excel interfaces would be beneficial -Professional experience in equity research preferable, but not essential. -Good communication and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written -Self starter willing to use their own initiative to solve problems EDUCATION >> -Relevant BA or Equivalent -CFA beneficial What do you think? IN these dire times, should I risk making a move? Saw in the paper yesterday that GS employees should expect a pay cut of more than 50% in Q4. Thanks M

Go for it. These are the times.

Is it not VERY risky. COnsidering it’s a rolling contract and its at an IB (even if it is GS)

do it

Some motivation why I should stay: Enjoy my current job. Great team. Learning something new every day. However, do not like dealing with clients… May be a risky move going into job at IB Why should I move to GS: Name Name Name Experience …? Have any of you experience of working at GS before?

Have any of you got any info on Tactical Research Group (TRG) within GS? That is, how much at risk is this department to cutting of jobs?