if you supported bailout you should be ashamed of yourself

You clearly do NOT belong in the financial world. Consider a job teaching elementary school or if you prefer a faster pace maybe you can be an emergency room nurse.

And you go back to working the streets of Brooklyn you hooker and for a faster pace work the streets of Manhattan.

Why should it not be supported? What is a better option. Or is this in your opinion just like pissing up against a brick wall?

troll!

maddane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why should it not be supported? > > What is a better option. Or is this in your > opinion just like pissing up against a brick wall? Agreed- I love people that criticize but never offer a better suggestion. You should be ashamed- your accusations are ridiculous. If someone supports it you don’t belong in the financial world? Let me guess you probably supported the War on Iraq too right? And you probably think that was a great investment. The majority of Wall Street supports the bill…therefore, the majority of people in “the financial world” support the bill…you do not, therefore you don’t belong in the financial world. The credit and money markets are in shambles. Equities are following suit…

You guys who support this bailout need to go sit in a quiet room and think about your existence. The capital market isn’t simply about liquidity and keeping the money flowing at all costs. If you do something stupid (like most big banks on wall street), you lose your seat at the table to those who were conservative. The system doesn’t work if the government intervenes in this process. Again, balances sheets rule. ps. no, i didn’t support the war in iraq

What do hookers know about balance sheets?? Anyways you will have to slash your rates to about $1/hr if a Depression hits- the same as a hookers in thailand.

hooker is showing off a little bit of some sexy sarcasm. ya’ll need to chill.

Here here virgin, I read that piece of junk this morning following one of your posts, may-be one or two by JDV but - MY GOD - what a piece of garbage. Willy

I think voting against the bailout was a huge mistake. Bite me.

virginCFAhooker ok - so a) You didn’t support the bailout. b) You didn’t support the war in Iraq. As much as I love to hear people’s strong opinions on things they don’t support and criticism for those who disagree with them, I would love to hear the possible alternatives to these big general ‘we shouldn’t have done this’ opinions without clear solutions.

I did something like my version of what should be done, but almost nobody commented on it. Anyway, I think it’s appropriate to say you opposed the thing on the grounds that the bill is inadequately specified. The Secretary has this extraordinary power but nowhere does it mention where he is going to use it or how he is going to buy these securities. So let’s see, I don’t support giving a GWB buddy a blank check…Do I really need to specify what I am going to give them?

I’m not that old but I remember when capital was precious. I would enjoy seeing that again. Wars and bailouts are not good uses of capital.

the only reason why the republicans dint support the bailout; "House Republicans blamed the failure of the $700 billion Wall Street rescue plan Monday on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), saying that Pelosi had been too partisan in a floor speech prior to the vote. House Minority Leader John Boehner (R., Ohio) said that Pelosi’s speech “poisoned” the Republican caucus and “caused a number of members we thought we could get to go south.” Now this is just plain funny (and sad at the same time)!!

bsivia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the only reason why the republicans dint support > the bailout; > > "House Republicans blamed the failure of the $700 > billion Wall Street rescue plan Monday on House > Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), saying that > Pelosi had been too partisan in a floor speech > prior to the vote. House Minority Leader John > Boehner (R., Ohio) said that Pelosi’s speech > “poisoned” the Republican caucus and “caused a > number of members we thought we could get to go > south.” > > > Now this is just plain funny (and sad at the same > time)!! now those are valid reasons

And if you didn’t like the bailout I hope you, your family, and all of your friends lose their jobs, and wait in soup lines for days to get scraps. Only then will you dump your utter contempt for people’s success and your foolishness and inability to actually understand how to solve problems. But you’re the same fool who thought oil wasn’t a bubble and I suspect you didn’t think housing was a bubble. Obviously you have the depth of Paris Hilton.

From reading various articles, I got the feeling that Paulson and company did not do a good job in explaining the terms and conditions of this bailout. The rest is history. I agree with Joey: How the potential enoromous power, that Paulson inherits, would be handled is not clear. While I don’t support using taxpayers money for the bailout, am for some kind of government intervention. Read somewhere that the U.S. government is asking other governments to invest in the $700 plus billion hedge fund. To be sure, this is a crisis of biblical proportions. Since the second coming of Jesus Christ is not merited for this occasion, we have to suffice with uncle Sam.

Perhaps the gov’t should do nothing like the 1920’s. VirginCFAHooker, you shouldn’t be in the CFA program.

The unfortunate thing is that 99% of you and all americans still dont realize what the real problem is. And its not the economic policy.

The unfortunate thing is that 99% of you and all americans still dont realize what the real problem is. And its not the economic policy.