time for a presidential speech

Bush needs to get up there and say, “People, everything is OK. I’m in charge. No worries. Plenty of food on the table and plenty of gas in the tank. Buy some stocks and get back to work. America is strong!”

This is the problem, whether you like him or not, he has no credibility…actually, being a lame duck, I dont think anyone would at this point.

“People, everything is OK.” Dow Flat “I’m in charge.” Dow down 500. I think this is not a good idea.

Maybe he should resign! That’d be hilarious.

what if he got up and reminded people that he is gone soon 1000pts + maybe

“People, everything is okay” Dow Flat “I am resigning the Presidency effective immediately” Dow up 200 “President Cheney is in charge now” Dow down 500

this is the best thread EVER. EVER EVER EVER.

I honestly dont think it would matter for any pres…being at the end of their term, people are already focused on the next one.

I dont think he can calm the nerves. Come to think of it, who is out there who can actually talk to the world and calm it a bit. Its a leadership crisis as much as anything else. Where’s Ross Perot these days?

If both Bush and Cheney are out right now, it will be Pelosi’s term. Dow down 1,000 by noon… and another down 1,000 by closing

Funny, people are lambasting Stephen Harper (Canada’s PM) for actually saying “don’t worry, everything’s ok” in the middle of an election (we go to the polls Oct 14, FYI) - but he’s right; Cdn. banks were touted as being the most sound (on a “solvency index”) in the world right now, owing to lower losses on CDS and better leverage. The thing is, he’s going to be the PM for sure after the election, and he is actually an economist by background. Unpopular as the media may say he is (blah), 90% of that sentiment is directed towards either his social conservatism, or his “cold” public image (yes, we’re just as bad as the US for focusing on superficialities for the highest office in our country). So his credibility on econ/financial topics, plus the other party leaders’ absolutely idiotic views/statements on same, really lend credibility to him (not that we’re immune, Toronto has tracked the Dow during this mess).

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aTo2ZMsZ4nhY&refer=home

Honestly forget Bush, Paulson, and Bernanke. If anybody should give a national address on this crisis trying to calm investors it should be Warren Buffett. Nobody trusts our appointed government officials anymore. I watched that recent Charlie Rose interview with Buffett and its no wonder why everyone admires him so much. He explains everything so clearly and to the point.