the really scary thing

If this bailout works… we’ll start having bailouts all the time. Bailout will become a daily use word like trillion and google.

Good thinking! There’ll be jokes, etc. on bailouts.

first joke: on all of the computer, we will all have a shortcut icon “bailout” with Paulson’s face on it. whenever you need it, just double click it and your good.

The scary thing is that in the midst of all this turmoil, Treasury yields are going UP. The debt bubble needs to pop. They (the govt) is trying to fight fire with fire, that is, if private sector credit is depleted, govt will fill its shoes. THIS IS GOING TO END VERY BADLY FOR GOVT DEBT. The private sector credit bubble has popped, now the govt is trying to reflate it by creating a public sector credit bubble? WOW! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

…Is that I spent most of my money buying Iceland. If I had just waited a few days, I could have bought France. Damn.

… is that if Morgan Stanley fails, another pile of s*** is gonna hit the fan and will exacerabate the lending issues

The really scary thing… … Is that people in my office are now referring to beer as a reality-bailout. “Is it happy hour yet, I’m ready for a bailout.” “Wanna go grab a lunch-bailout” “I’m gonna go crush some bailout-lites”

Well to me the REALLY scary thing is that in 1987 I believe the market finished UP about 4.5% or so. Unless we see a HUGE rally this could be the worst year since the 1929. Willy

Banks weren’t going bankrupt in 1987.

…is that 99% of Americans are oblivious to whats about to hit us.

… and if they did (when they do) they would lynch everyone with any affiliation to the industry.

Nike Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Banks weren’t going bankrupt in 1987. Is there any way I can contact you via email?

I am just so glad that there is some good college football on this weekend to absorb some of my anxiety. Texas-OU weekend couldn’t have come at a better time.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …is that 99% of Americans are oblivious > to whats about to hit us. how 'bout you enlighten me then??

edmund_lord Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am just so glad that there is some good college > football on this weekend to absorb some of my > anxiety. Texas-OU weekend couldn’t have come at a > better time. big 12 sucks UF-LSU is the only legit game after that i guess its UGA-UT then way down the list UT-OU

At least the beer industry should do well

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > …is that 99% of Americans are > oblivious > > to whats about to hit us. > > > how 'bout you enlighten me then?? I dont have a crystal ball but all indications are massive unemployment to the degree that a lot of people are out on the street. the fabric of society will get damaged. The thing is most people around me dont read the paper or watch financial news. they dont think something’s wrong.

Yes, I think they’re upset that their 401ks are down, and that some firms run by rich people are going to get help. What a lot of people haven’t thought through is that businesses are going to go under because credit is going to be fantastically expensive, revenues are going to drop because 1st) credit to buy things dries up, and 2nd) unemployed families are not going to have money to buy things. Everything will be up for sale, but at fire sale prices, because everyone else has their stuff up for sale. There will be little free cash (as in free cash flow free cash) for investment in new businesses. On top of this, we might actually have inflation, though that’s not 100% certain.

How about we put all our money in gold?

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, I think they’re upset that their 401ks are > down, and that some firms run by rich people are > going to get help. > > What a lot of people haven’t thought through is > that businesses are going to go under because > credit is going to be fantastically expensive, > revenues are going to drop because 1st) credit to > buy things dries up, and 2nd) unemployed families > are not going to have money to buy things. > Everything will be up for sale, but at fire sale > prices, because everyone else has their stuff up > for sale. > > There will be little free cash (as in free cash > flow free cash) for investment in new businesses. > > On top of this, we might actually have inflation, > though that’s not 100% certain. Wouldn’t that bring deflation?