15 Highest Paid jobs

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26264538/26264538 They have already excluded I bankers. Medical sciences is the most rewarding I suppose.

I’d say the methodology is somewhat flawed. BLS doesn’t disaggregate financial services like it does medical sciences, so they are grouping Ibankers in with more general financial analysts.

Didnt realize pilots made so much money. Never could understand why anaesthesiologists make big bucks. Whats the skill?

I think I-bankers were never a part of top 15 jobs. The list always had health related and IT jobs as the highest paid jobs

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Didnt realize pilots made so much money. Never > could understand why anaesthesiologists make big > bucks. Whats the skill? Because the quantity of anesthetic to inject in a person is different from body to body and from the type of injury you have…and other variables… If you fail…the person may die…

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Didnt realize pilots made so much money. Never > could understand why anaesthesiologists make big > bucks. Whats the skill? The skill is that the line between anaesthetized and dead is very very thin. A bit too much anaesthesia and you are dead, not enough and you feel what’s going on to you. So these guys have to be very good, and very insured.

To put the same point mentioned above in another way words, the underlying in case of medical sciences (life) is the most precious as compared to any other profession…I believe that is why they are paid for so heavily…

To put the same point mentioned above in another words, the underlying in case of medical sciences (life) is the most precious as compared to any other profession…I believe that is why they are paid for so heavily…

my younger bro is a doctor and just landed his first job. i have been working in my field in some capacity since 1996. he is making more than me right off the bat - way more. but i dont envy his lifestyle. he has night shifts and they dont have a concept of a weekend. he works for several days straight and then get a few days completely off. its a tough life.

thankfully and fortunately, i started dating a dermatologist recently. we’ll see how things go – if the markets continue to go south, at least she has the ability to pick up our tabs. i’m sure that’s exactly what she had in mind dating someone in finance…not…

I still regret not becoming a dentist after my dad.

The elite finance jobs will always pay more than any other career, except being an actor, model, musician, or pro athlete.

Yeah - finance jobs will always pay more. Also, my sister is a commercial airline pilot (United - flies the 767, used to fly the 777). The pay for them started decreasing significantly in the past 5 years. They used to make a lot more.

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah - finance jobs will always pay more. Also, my > sister is a commercial airline pilot (United - > flies the 767, used to fly the 777). The pay for > them started decreasing significantly in the past > 5 years. They used to make a lot more. Agreed. And benefits have been tanking for years. My brother is in flight school and the programs are pricier than Ivy MBA. Its absurd, and now he can’t get loans.

IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The elite finance jobs will always pay more than > any other career, except being an actor, model, > musician, or pro athlete. This is true but to get one is a tough thing. I would say it takes at least 10 years to get an elite job. Doctors make in 6 figures right after school and they have the best job security. In finance, every thing depends on the market or how much money you make for the company.

Dentists probably have the best gig. 4 years and you’re ready to practice. Some of the specialties can have you practicing in 7-8 years. The best part, there are people lined up to sell their practices.

dlpicket Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dentists probably have the best gig. 4 years and > you’re ready to practice. > Some of the specialties can have you practicing in > 7-8 years. > > The best part, there are people lined up to sell > their practices. Also they have the highest suicide rate among professional occupations.

Dwight I think thats an urban legend.

Haha yeah sorry I realize in hindsight it isn’t obvious I was joking. Anecdotally all of the dentists I know are very happy people.

do you want to spend your whole life looking inside a person’s mouth?