How many of you guys on AF now are unemployed?

I’m curious. Don’t be ashamed.

Better question how many are underemployed

check. for the second one.

care to elaborate the difference b/w un and under?

Unemployed. I will be preparing taxes in January through April. However I have nothing further after that.

Needhelp, Here is my take on it. Unemployed is being out of a job. Underemployed is having a job, but not the level of position (or pay) that matches your skill set or education.

well then i am over-employed

Currently unemployed, but in process of being recruted (3 months in)… I have a verbal confirmation of my hiring, but to avoid being screwed like Danteshek, I’ll remain on my guards until I have signed my employment contract. However, if I do get the position I am aiming for, then I’ll be like needhelp, which is over-employed. Wish me luck!!! J.

im employed, but not sure for how mich longer. havent heard of cutbacks, but could be a chance at big 4 here in denmark who knows. If they take a FIFO way of doing it, im one for sure, which i would suggest they would do

so then in this economy, if someone has a decent job, should they even consider a new position or stay put?

underemployed! And my stupid company is on hiring freeze.

over-employed

Properly employed, but would like to have more fun.

J. Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Currently unemployed, but in process of being > recruted (3 months in)… > I have a verbal confirmation of my hiring, but to > avoid being screwed like Danteshek, I’ll remain on > my guards until I have signed my employment > contract. > > However, if I do get the position I am aiming for, > then I’ll be like needhelp, which is > over-employed. Wish me luck!!! > > J. Make sure it really is an enforceable contract. Employers don’t usually hand these out to junior employees. I had a offer signed by a partner before they rescinded. For the record, I am still unemployed but have a couple irons in the fire.

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > J. Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Currently unemployed, but in process of being > > recruted (3 months in)… > > I have a verbal confirmation of my hiring, but > to > > avoid being screwed like Danteshek, I’ll remain > on > > my guards until I have signed my employment > > contract. > > > > However, if I do get the position I am aiming > for, > > then I’ll be like needhelp, which is > > over-employed. Wish me luck!!! > > > > J. > > Make sure it really is an enforceable contract. > Employers don’t usually hand these out to junior > employees. I had a offer signed by a partner > before they rescinded. > > For the record, I am still unemployed but have a > couple irons in the fire. what happened to dante?

tell us the story in further details please dante. I am very sorry to hear this by the way, would have been a great experience over in russia

maddane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tell us the story in further details please > dante. > > I am very sorry to hear this by the way, would > have been a great experience over in russia search the forum with key words like Russia, Lawyer etc you will get the post of his exp.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maddane Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > tell us the story in further details please > > dante. > > > > I am very sorry to hear this by the way, would > > have been a great experience over in russia > > > search the forum with key words like Russia, > Lawyer etc you will get the post of his exp. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,856189,page=1

unemployed ex Lehman employee

I’d consider myself moderately employed. However, I’m not complaining since I still have a job, and it also leaves me some time to study for GMAT’s and go skiing.