Convertible Bonds

Hi Guys I am looking on Bloomberg for some examples of convertible bonds denominated in $, Eur and Sterling. Preferably higher rated issuers(I realize there might not be that many around) and two or three examples for each currency. How do I find these on Bloomberg. e.g. I was looking at Vodafone and looked under their corporate debt but there were no convertible bond issues (but I know that one or two fund managers are Vodafone convertibles -at least according to them). Do you guys perhaps have a list of convertible bonds?

Hit go, 1, 14 (custom bond search) and go for it. You can choose between ratings and features (ie convertible checkbox is on the right hand side).

And in an environment in which UST CDS trade at 50 bp, there just can’t be many credit-worthy converts in the world.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > And in an environment in which UST CDS trade at 50 > bp, there just can’t be many credit-worthy > converts in the world. wrong… convertibles WERE typically of lower credit ratings. (pre 2005)…but now there are some converts that are much better ratings out there… companies that have more cash on hand then outstanding debt. AMGN, EMC, INTC, etc.

Is that true? I’ll have to check that out, but I will take your word on it for now.