Ivey School of Business

Anyone from AF go here? What did you think? edit: for MBA program

I didn’t go there, but my non-Ivy education taught me that there is no “e” in Ivy? Edit: Self-owned, that is all

…but it failed to teach you there are business schools outside the USA ; ) maybe you’re joking?

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …but it failed to teach you there are business > schools outside the USA ; ) > > maybe you’re joking? It sure did. I should have googled it before owning myself.

frm what i’ve heard its one of the better schools for Finance …

I went to Laurier down the road which has a comparable bachelor’s program. I’m pretty sure that Ivey MBA is 3rd best in Canada aside from the Rotman and Schulich. But I’m sure the Queen’s and McGill give it a run for its money. Would definitely be good within Canada and North America, but Rotman and Schulich hold a lot more weight in the US and worldwide specifically.

I’m comparing to Toronto’s Rotman of course. I really like how Ivey has a value investing research department (http://www.bengrahaminvesting.ca/). However, Toronto has donations and students get to invest that money as part of the value investing class. Nothing trumps Columbia’s classes though. I would love to take their distressed debt/equity and security valuation classes.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I went to Laurier down the road which has a > comparable bachelor’s program. I’m pretty sure > that Ivey MBA is 3rd best in Canada aside from the > Rotman and Schulich. But I’m sure the Queen’s and > McGill give it a run for its money. > > Would definitely be good within Canada and North > America, but Rotman and Schulich hold a lot more > weight in the US and worldwide specifically. Interesting, thanks for the insight man!

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I went to Laurier down the road which has a > > comparable bachelor’s program. I’m pretty sure > > that Ivey MBA is 3rd best in Canada aside from > the > > Rotman and Schulich. But I’m sure the Queen’s > and > > McGill give it a run for its money. > > > > Would definitely be good within Canada and > North > > America, but Rotman and Schulich hold a lot > more > > weight in the US and worldwide specifically. > > > Interesting, thanks for the insight man! But you can’t really trust me… Western is our archrival! muhahaha. but seriously, a UWO MBA is top shelf.

http://www.bengrahaminvesting.ca/Outreach/news&announcements.htm This is pretty cool. Meeting a lot of big shots!

No offense, but a Canadian MBA isn’t worth anything anywhere but in Canada.

DirtyZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No offense, but a Canadian MBA isn’t worth > anything anywhere but in Canada. Well according to Forbes, Rotman is 6th on the list. I’m assuming it holds some weight.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DirtyZ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > No offense, but a Canadian MBA isn’t worth > > anything anywhere but in Canada. > > > Well according to Forbes, Rotman is 6th on the > list. I’m assuming it holds some weight. You know we Americans are just so stuck up … :smiley:

Ivey HBA is second to none for undergrad. MBA is pretty avg among the top schools.