You know you are having a bad first date when...

The girl asks about how familiar you are with VLOOKUP.

The girl asks you to go to a dinner with her parents

and you say “Vs are my specialty. I’m gonna Syntax that @$$”

CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The girl asks about how familiar you are with > VLOOKUP. I would simply reply, “Very. Will you marry me?”

CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The girl asks about how familiar you are with > VLOOKUP. Huh? how is this bad? She wanted you to ‘lookup’ her V. Dude you missed the boat.

“Hopefully I will be looking up your v later”

Man, you guys ruin jokes so quickly. Of course the joke was VLOOKUP. Ranier Wolfcastle: “That’s the Joke”

…the guy is talking for 40 min about that “awesome vent” he’s built in his “comp” to cool it down.

VLOOKUP is a good deal on 1st date dude, better than CUMIPMT.

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > VLOOKUP is a good deal on 1st date dude, better > than CUMIPMT. OK I get the CUM and the IP. But lost you after that. Damn I should have listened better back in 7th grade sex ed.

I hope you responded with “If vlookups impress you by themselves, you should see me use the match function to automate the column index number.” That works every time.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hope you responded with “If vlookups impress you > by themselves, you should see me use the match > function to automate the column index number.” > That works every time. +100

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dinesh.sundrani Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > VLOOKUP is a good deal on 1st date dude, better > > than CUMIPMT. > > > OK I get the CUM and the IP. But lost you after > that. Damn I should have listened better back in > 7th grade sex ed. Get your mind out of the gutter, that’s the “Cumulative Interest Paid” function.

…I personally find pivot tables provide more flexibility…

haha actually it wasnt a joke. She really asked me that when she found out I work in finance.

When you get older, you start to try HLOOKUP. Eliot Spitzer did.

Oh man you just brought back memories, my ex-GF seriously came over to the sofa with her laptop one evening to proudly show me H-lookup. That’s when you know it is over!

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When you get older, you start to try HLOOKUP. > Eliot Spitzer did. +2. That’s good.

This is an excellent thread. I’ll bet Chad has a good chuckle right before he nukes it.

…when you find out June07_guy is the girl’s father.