STORY TIME--PLEASE HELP

About a week before I took Level I this past Saturday, a friend told me that he took the June exam and his score was VOIDED. The reason is because CFAI claimed that he was cheating. They got a report saying a procter saw him holding his pencil after time was called. He told me that what actually happened was that after the exam was over, he put his pencil down, then picked it up for a few seconds because he was nervous and was still thinking about the last question. No one informed him at the exam about it–he found out via a letter from CFAI 4-5 weeks after the exam was over. Anyway, he appealed, had the appeal rejected, missed the December registration deadline, and is now grudgingly signed up for the June exam. Armed with this knowledge, I pledged to myself to be supercareful on Saturday. I never lifted my head, not to see how much time was left, not to stretch, not to get rid of the awful pains in my neck and back. At the end of each section, as soon as I heard the woman’s voice go on the microphone, I literally threw my pencil on the table and put my hands under the table. Here’s where the problem comes in. At the end of Part II, after I put down my pencil, I accidentally picked up my lead pencil and put it in my mouth/started chewing on it (very bad habit). I have no idea why I did this! It was completely subconscious–I was overwhelemd with the last question I was doing and was still thinking about it in my head. I don’t know how long I had it in my hand/mouth for, but it can’t have been more than 5 or 10 seconds, because once I realized what I was doing, I threw the pencil back on the table. I looked around, and did not notice any procters looking at me. Although this is a good sign, someone could have of course been watching me. Now, I am completely freaked out, and instead of focusing on which questions I got wrong or right or if I did well enough to pass, I pray daily that I did not get seen. Of course, I did nothing wrong and had no intentions whatsoever of cheating, but I won’t convince CFAI of that. So my question now is–what to do? I’m 99% sure that all the responses here will be to just wait it out, since there is nothing I can do now, but I wanted to write this anyway and see if perhaps someone has any ideas or experiences they can share. Calling CFAI to inform them that I was chewing on a pencil for 5 seconds while the exam books were being collected will likely result in them saying there’s nothing they can do now or worse, asking for my candidate number and ensuring that my test is voided. But I thought maybe just maybe someone here has a better idea, since the pain of waiting is making me lose sleep every night. Thanks to anyone who can comment. I hope you spare me the “you’re really an idiot, you should not have done that” comments, as I have been personally doing enough of that to myself the last week.

lol

Calm down and have a beer. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Just relax.

You’ll be ok. I didn’t use the right pencil and thoght I would fail for that, but it all went ok, nor did I stop on time either! I don’t recommend messing up with the mighty CFAI, but it did happen, and I passed.

This is hilarious.

There were a group of after test pencil chewers at the Nairobi, Kenya test center last June. They all had their exams voided and left their country in exile to be pirates off the coast of neighboring Somalia. You’d better get an eyepatch…

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There were a group of after test pencil chewers at > the Nairobi, Kenya test center last June. They > all had their exams voided and left their country > in exile to be pirates off the coast of > neighboring Somalia. You’d better get an > eyepatch… HAHAHAHAHA

SeanC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bankin’ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > There were a group of after test pencil chewers > at > > the Nairobi, Kenya test center last June. They > > all had their exams voided and left their > country > > in exile to be pirates off the coast of > > neighboring Somalia. You’d better get an > > eyepatch… > > > HAHAHAHAHA I’ll give 'er another. HAHAHAAHA! But seriously, you knew the time was over. Why didn’t you break the habit for like 1 minute? I mean, if you have subconscious problems like that, who knows what you could do without knowing? Also, it would take one SUPER D!(K to report you for chewing a pencil.

I bet your friend was lying. I bet he/she really tried to squeeze an extra answer in but is too embarrassed to admit it.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There were a group of after test pencil chewers at > the Nairobi, Kenya test center last June. They > all had their exams voided and left their country > in exile to be pirates off the coast of > neighboring Somalia. You’d better get an > eyepatch… LOL. I’m sorry tenten, but that’s some funny Sh!t. Also, I think I have to agree with TMurf. Your friend probably didn’t want to admit that he/she was trying to fill in answers after time had been called.

you should be fine - as long as you did’t fill in another answer bubble i wouldn’t worry about anything, just think…what is the joint probability of the same thing happing to you and your friend ---- actually it’s P(you getting caught)P(your frined getting caught)…but that is probablity quite unlikely :slight_smile:

i agree w the rest - your friend is probably not being completley honest

^ Yep. You will be fine.

get a life!

im really surprised a lot of people took this as a joke. it was totally serious. maybe im overreacting, but i am pretty serious. the one thing you guys do have perhaps right is that my friend may have been bubbling stuff in and downplayed his “offense” when telling me the story. but i dont understand why a lot of people fond this funny

Funny because it’s not me. Simple as that.

This reminds of post June 2008 stories about people getting written up etc. What happened to them? Were anyone able to appeal successfully against the charges?

I subconsciously gulped down few erasers (Sanford original white - export quality) and the earplug (yellow) that was in my ears all the 6 hours. A proctor saw this and came to my desk, shook me back to reality and hollered ‘The exam’s over buddy & you can go have your food outside’. Ofcourse I excelled the exam and the rubber came out with those bowel movement within minutes and I intend to use it for L2 this June. While I am glad that I could locate the eraser, even though it was camouflaged and all the shi*t that happened to it (literally), I still ponder when are my 2 earplugs going to come out.

I “fond” it very funny as well, reality take a deap breath and chill winston you’llbe fine

I just coughed up my cereal all over my computer. What a mess, swaption.