yeah, we didn't do any of that sh...

http://www.leveragedsellout.com/2008/11/study-shows-upwards-of-80-of-hedge-fund-employees-never-actually-knew-what-the-word-hedge-meant/ hilarious!!!

eh ill just post the short article and save you some time… Study shows upwards of 80% of hedge fund employees never actually knew what the word “hedge” meant Chicago, IL—A recent study conducted by the Gallop Group showed that of 5,000 hedge fund employees surveyed during 2006-2007, 83% of respondents were unable to correctly define the word “hedge.” “It’s just like, you know, part of the title” said one trader confidently. “Another way of saying ‘badass’ fund or ‘rockstar’ fund.” “My Range Rover is hedge,” he insisted, as if to corroborate. Other responses were equally absurd, ranging from “a Greek word” to “some Jewish dude’s last name.” When told that hedging involved systematically eliminating risk, most subjects just stared ahead blankly. Others checked the time. Several respondents were able to eventually grasp the concept, but they found it quite novel. “Ohhh…you mean that…” said the portfolio manager of a $500M fund, as if a light bulb had gone off inside his head. He then added: “Yeah, we didn’t do that sh$t at all.”

Yeah I read this and was NOT surprised.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah I read this and was NOT surprised. care to elaborate?

needhelp was not surprised it is actually not true

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah I read this and was NOT surprised. I wonder if needhelp missed the sarcasm?

maybe i did miss the sarcasm. But my take is that most hedge funds are/were ponzi schemes and most people running it have/had limited knowledge and low IQs. Thus am not surprised they didnt know what ‘hedge’ meant, let alone know what ‘hedging’ means. If you pretet confidently that your poop doesnt stink, the investment community will readily agree. You need a latest model car, lots of gel, some designer suits, and it helps if you are tall and good looking.

> > If you pretet confidently that your poop doesnt > stink, the investment community will readily > agree. You need a latest model car, lots of gel, > some designer suits, and it helps if you are tall > and good looking. no, those are the CFP holders

Sick of those CFPs who think their poop doesn’t taste bad.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maybe i did miss the sarcasm. > Yes you did.

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > maybe i did miss the sarcasm. > > > > Yes you did. enlighten me, smartass

The entire article is satirical - in the style of the Onion (if you’re familiar with it) and completely made up. So your implicity agreement with it amused me. And name calling will get you nowhere, jackass.

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The entire article is satirical - in the style of > the Onion (if you’re familiar with it) and > completely made up. So your implicity agreement > with it amused me. > > And name calling will get you nowhere, jackass. ummmm there is a difference between satire and sarcasm. trust me on this one.

hey im a CFP! yall better layoff before i call my cronies. we will slang you some unsuitable variable universal life policies

^LOL!!

i hear these estate bonds will put all us investment people out of business.