BB Storm

Anyone use it for work? Have the option to get that one, so I’m trying to get some advice. Positives, negatives, anything I should be aware of?

i dont have one, I played with one once though and hated it. The touch screen is like a big button that gets annoying having to push it. I have the Bold and it is tiiiiiiight like a tiger.

I have a friend that has one and he is trying to get rid of it to get a bold too. The screen gets annoying in his opinion.

The Storm is horrific and absolute garbage compared to the iPhone. If ur sticking with RIM, go for the Bold.

yea, I was thinking of the bold too, but not sure if its offered on VZ. If not, may just go with the Curve.

i had a curve before, it was a great phone. One problem is that sand/crap gets in the side and clogs up the screen…so if you do get a case for it. Otherwsie its solid. Bold is pretty dang tight though. Iphone…I just dont know. Downloading an app that acts as a “level” is funny but is it really useful? Or an app that splits the bill between 4 people, cant you just hand the cards to the waitress and say “split it”? analyst disclosure: Owns RIMM

Yeah, I’ve known of people getting the Storm and immediately returning it because the actual headset quality was worse than their older black berries.

I thought this was about the “storm” among bulge brackets. Thanks, Captain Letdown.

If you into S&M then get Storm else get iPhone 3G or Bold End If

I have it and it’s ok. Navigation is kind of slow at times and sometimes the screen doesn’t rotate accordingly. Certainly not as fluid as an iphone in terms of shifting the phone from landscape to portrait. I’m sure a firmware upgrade could fix the issue. The browser is great. It’s fast and will load almost any web site out there. Battery life isn’t the best. I’m used to the touch screen keyboard but a “real” qwerty would be much faster to type on. The ability to view excel, word, and pdf docs is pretty handy. I don’t know if that is a feature on the iphone.

The new BB curve 8900 is a great phone . It has wifi and its smaller and sleeker than the bold .

Bill splitter? I use my iPhone for playing SimCity, Bloomberg app (for basic news), Facebook, etc… The apps are pretty rad