Happy Square Root Day

Little upset there wasn’t a big commotion about cubed root day back in '08.

can you elaborate on this?.. sorry…

The S&P 500 is trading at the square root of its all time high. No, 3/3/09. Clever.

it’s a celebration, bitch*s!!!

The square root of 2009 is 44.82, not 33.

sqrt 3/3/09 – maybe this will mark the bottom.

NERDS

yeah… but i still envy them…

Fantastic! I’m gonna party like it’s 4/4/16!

^ only to prepare for the party on 5/5/25!!!

I’m going to party like it’s Oct. 12, 2007.

TJR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sqrt 3/3/09 – maybe this will mark the bottom. the beauty of Square Root Day is that it is invariant under continent tranformation… for instance, Pi Day comes in a few days here in the US on 3/14, but in Europe it would be just an ordinary 14/3…

Why is Pi Day 3/14? Pi Day only works in Europe , on the 22 of July (22/7)

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The square root of 2009 is 44.82, not 33. What about -44.82? Don’t you remember all those times in school they taught you not to forget the negative root? Tut tut.

Also, if you take higher order roots, you need to use imaginary numbers.

My birthday is Pi Day (the us version) 3.14 I’d never thought about the European Pi Day (22/7) that’s neat.

I’m geeky enough to enjoy that.

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TJR Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sqrt 3/3/09 – maybe this will mark the bottom. > > > the beauty of Square Root Day is that it is > invariant under continent tranformation… for > instance, Pi Day comes in a few days here in the > US on 3/14, but in Europe it would be just an > ordinary 14/3… Nice