2010 Toronto - LvIII study group

I don’t think I would start until January but think it might be a good idea to put it up in case anyone is interested. I would be studying evenings in downtown and weekend at university library. Good to have companies to study together to motivate each other. Or it is not necessary study together but share experiences once a while. email: kevin.wang@kevinwang.com

What is your plan for the study group? e.g. would there be topic discussion or sharing study materials (e.g. personal notes), etc?

I’m interested. Not necessarily for group study but to share experiences and thoughts once in a while.

Well do you guys have a notebook / laptop and an instant messaging program like Gtalk or MSN? It looks to me it’s easier we just exchange contact information, login to whatever IM network via laptop/netbook when we study at wherever libraries and help each other out online. If there are documents to share, we could do it via Google Doc or one of the free file hosting services (rapidshare, megashare, badongo). (So probably easier if everyone uses Gmail / Gtalk, as you won’t need an extra account to access Google Doc.) You can add me on akypoon AT gmail DOT com on Gtalk or andykypoon AT hotmail DOT com on MSN. Planning to start reading CFAI text after labour day. So give me time to pickup progress. :slight_smile:

It is a very good idea. Let us meet and decide where do we want to approach hat

Hi, Everyone We would like to have an initial meeting on Friday September 4th Location: Entrance of Hockey Hall of frame(concourse level near richtree) time: 11:50 AM sharp Agenda: 1. Introducation of each other and share the contacts 2. Share the experience of lv3 studies 3. Discuss the formations of the study group 4. Possibily setup a timeline We have Boost, LongCFA, another guy, myself joinging at this moment

A few people have arranged a preliminary meeting this Friday, Sept 4, at 11:50am at The Hockey Hall of Fame Concourse Level inside of BCE. Please post whether you will be attending so we all know how many to wait for. If you can’t come, email me - voisin (at] gmail (dot] com. Also, you can add me to MSN and GTalk at the above email address.

eltia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well do you guys have a notebook / laptop and an > instant messaging program like Gtalk or MSN? It > looks to me it’s easier we just exchange contact > information, login to whatever IM network via > laptop/netbook when we study at wherever libraries > and help each other out online. If there are > documents to share, we could do it via Google Doc > or one of the free file hosting services > (rapidshare, megashare, badongo). (So probably > easier if everyone uses Gmail / Gtalk, as you > won’t need an extra account to access Google > Doc.) > > You can add me on akypoon AT gmail DOT com on > Gtalk or andykypoon AT hotmail DOT com on MSN. > Planning to start reading CFAI text after labour > day. So give me time to pickup progress. :slight_smile: Hi, Eltia I can’t reach you through emails, email me at kevin.wang@kevinwang.com if you would like to join us

Kevin, sorry about the email problem. I have sent you an email at kevin.wang@kevinwang.com. Please check, thanks!

Hello fellow L3-ers! I’d like to join the L3 study group as well, so feel free to add me at l3.starfish2009@gmail.com. Will there be another meeting sometime soon? (seeing how i clearly missed the 1st one)

I missed the 1st meeting too (the day of the meeting overlapped my birthday and I had other arrangement). Anyhow, it looks to me our group is going to get larger. Since the group has both first timers and repeaters, it’s probably a good idea that the first timers (like myself) start crunching the curriculum, so that the group can start moving in one direction. I don’t have much experience with LinkedIn. But if it’s not too difficult, perhaps we could setup a LinkedIn group for the study group so people can connect each other. It’s probably an excellent opportunity to find a study buddy too. After I done Ethics this week, I probably would start on real estate planning (a new reading for L3) or taxes (a L2 2009 reading) so both the first timers and repeaters could get entertained. For people who are looking for a starter, you could consider the above two readings.

Fellow level 3 candidates in Toronto, Count me in. Kevin, did you not get my e-mail?