NYC Level III forum

Hi Pals, Anyone in the NYC area interested in studying / discussion forum for LIII. cheers n best wishes, Sandeep

hey–im interested but not going to start studying till October likely. ill be checking back here once and a while prior to then.

What Thems said. I’ll probably be starting early October. Maybe order the books and peruse the formats and notes before then, only reading what looks enjoyable, but definitely not buckling down until October.

Check

Hi all, I am interested in forming a study group. I have started reading book 2 on behavioral finance 2 weeks ago. Just doing some light reading for now. Let me know when you guys want to meet up to plan logistics for the upcoming year. :slight_smile:

I plan to do the vast majority of my studying in the reading room at the Schwartzman library on 42nd and 5th. I think it typically attracts quite a few candidates, if anyone else wants to join. Again, I won’t be starting for about another month, though.

I am always at W. 4 st. inside the NYU’s Bobst library, from 4:30pm - 7:30pm Mon-Fri. I haven’t utilize my weekend to study yet. Probably, I will start doing that in late Nov or early Dec. I want to just pass level 3 on the first try so I can look for a new job. Let me know if anyone wants to meet just to get to know each other. Even if you haven’t start studying, it would still be nice to establish a contact before we formally gather for a study session. I am extremely motivated so I can share some of that with you (if you need it). Cheers!

I’d be down for a meetup in say, two weekends. People want to do a meet and greet at a starbucks, we can work out when and where we’ll be. Anyone else like fwinqp’s idea?

Ok, I will come back to this message in 2 weekends for a meetup. See you soon supersadface.

Hi supersadface/fwinqp, I would like to join you guys. Plz let me know once you plan something. Thx

How do you study at the Schwartzman Library? Doesn’t it close at like 6? I was thinking I’d pay for a membership in Columbia’s 24-hour libraries.

Hello supersadface & cfa1try, Let me know if you guys want to meet up sometimes this week or next?

Hi guys, I’d like to be a part of the study group too. When are you guys looking to meet…and where? I just started skimming through the notes very lightly.

Just wanted to bump this back up. I don’t think I’ll start until late Nov. I had planned on starting earlier but everyone I know who’s passed the exams recommends starting around then in order to not burn out and peak too early. I’d be down for a meeting around mid november just to get coffee and meet some of y’all though, if you like.

Hey, don’t worry about it. We’re all mature being…there is no need to justify. Our lives are constantly shifting, things come and go. Thus, our plan & schedule interrupted…I will check back whenever you guys are ready to meet. Cheers

Count me in if you decide to meet up. I work in the Wall st area…