NYC / Westchester Level II Study Group (June 2017)

*****Updated 8.10.16*****

We have a group of three Level II candidates establishing a study group in Midtown Manhattan (Rockefeller Plaza area) and are looking for one or two more members. This is going to be a fairly rigorous group with a goal of each member passing with 70+ in each subject. So, we are taking things seriously, starting early and are establishing a good study schedule to make sure everyone does what they need to do (and has all the support they need) to succeed.

* The first goal of the study group is to read and review the entirety of the CFA official material by the beginning of 2017 with periodic discussions and practice problems on the material. Discussions and meetings could be fairly light while we are reading through the material (probably once every one or two weeks). However, each person would be responsible for developing and circulating to the group appropriate outlines for the material covered each week and discussing online any problems we are having.

* From January through March/April, we will go through a commercial outline, such as Schweser. This will be a chance to rewrite and refine our outlines, refresh our memories on concepts that we may have forgotten, re-read problematic readings, develop flash cards, and go over material at a deeper level. (Really whatever the team finds most helpful). At this point, we will probably meet once a week or so.

* From March/April to test time, the focus would be on hitting one common practice test a week. Each team member would be responsible for administering his/her own test, grading it, and coming to a weekly discussion group to discuss outstanding points of difficulty or confusion with the rest of the team.

* The group would also be responsible for maintaining e-mail communications, including answering questions and problems posed by the rest of the team. Regular attendance, participation, and communications would all be required throughout the year. This is a serious study group for adults.

Our first meeting is scheduled for the week of August 22, so if you are interested, please let us know as soon as possible.

Hi there,

your plan seems well orgnized and taking things seriously, well unfortunately I’m not in the US to be able to participate in the hook ups, but can I join you in social media gathering : FB groups, what’sup , …etc ??

Thanks, Fatym.

I am somewhat of an old fogey in my ignorance of Facebook and WhatsApp, etc. However, if you want to exchange outlines and discussions online, I am sure we could make that work. Group discussions may be a little hard.

that’s Okey JSD, somehow it’s true in most cases. we can keep in touch through the forum or mails. good luck and wishing you the best.

I’d be interested in a L2 serious study group. I’m located in Midtown East.

Best,

Emmie

Too bad - I live and work downtown which may as well be another planet. But excited to see a fellow ex-lawyer (assuming the ex- part), I am missing the support system I had while studying for the bar exam (i.e. my entire law school class)

Aspiring ex-lawyer.

Let’s keep in touch and see who else is interested and maybe we can make something work that could accomodate both midtowners and downtowners.

Hi, I am interested too. I live in jersey city,NJ so midtown Manhattan is convenient for me.

Updated and bumped to top.

good idea to form a study group, i’m interested in joining it too. looking forward to meet everyone in person :slight_smile:

Hello…is anyone there