Level 2 - NYC

G’day team, I’m looking for a somewhat relaxed group of people to form a ‘study group’ of sorts. During level 1 I studied on my own and was successful with that, although what I was missing was a group of like-minded people to be able to discuss CFA related topics with.

At the moment I’m working as a credit analyst & am currently looking for equity research related roles. I have a Bachelors in Finance & MBA in Finance (both from Australia). I’m originally from Australia (moved about 2 years ago), which means I don’t know a whole lot of people in the USA to begin with. Especially not anyone studying for the CFA.

I’m thinking something along the lines of we study ourselves using our own methods (happy to share what I’m doing), although maybe we can have social meetings once every couple of weeks (or whatever works) to stay sane & discuss any concerns/ideas that we may have related to our CFA exam preparation, careers & whatnot. We can let the group evolve naturally into whatever the group needs (e.g. if we do decide to set some formal group study times I’m okay with that as long as it’s productive). I plan to start studying in early October. I’m a hard worker & dedicated to passing on the 1st attempt.

Let me know if you’re interested!

PM sent

Nice one!

Hey Coastie - I’m interested in joining you guys. I’m also taking L2 this upcoming June. What’s the best way to contact you?

Hi, I’d be glad to join you too, also studying for L2 June exam.