How many Dallas/DFW people here?

So I know I have seen in a few post some Dallas people, but how many are there in the general DFW area? What kind of jobs do most of you have? I live in Carrollton, but go all over DFW since I have friends in Dallas and Ft Worth. I may sell my place and get one in Dallas next year (girl friend will live down there so I dont really need to all that much), if I know I will be working here for certain. Just curious…

I live in Richardson. Right now I’m in fund accounting for a subsidiary of Goldman Sachs, working in Las Colinas. I work on their Whitehall Real Estate Funds. I’m finishing year 1 of the UT-Austin MBA in DFW and start recruiting in 2 months. I would love to get an analyst/associate position after graduating here in Dallas at one of the many investment shops, but failing that I’ll probably get into corporate finance.

I live in Ft. Worth, but spend time all over the Metroplex. I’m starting an MBA program in the Fall and am doing some traveling this summer before I start.

Aldford - you live in richardson but drive over to Irving for work…does that take a while? I actually work in a corp finance job in Richardson, when I am in town, so my drive isnt too bad. Well, for DFW I guess. The standard 25 minutes. I have a friend just finishing UT-Austin MBA in DFW.

Might be moving to Dallas in the Fall. Cousins live in Uptown DFW

I lived in Dallas as a kid. WTF is uptown? Dallas has a downtown and then it’s just surrounded by sprawl. I wonder how Dallas will exist with $8 gas? It’s a giant freeway. Good texmex and margaritas tho’

I live in Las Colinas currently. Currently work on a bond trading desk as a liaison. Anyone here studying for Level 1?

Dallas in the house!

I’m from Dallas as well. Live in Carrollton and work in Irving. In fact, aldford, we both work for the same company! I’m an analyst in the Investment Management Group. I’m planning on taking L1 in Dec 08. What level is everyone else signed up for? Anyone interested in L1 study group?

virginCFAhooker - I’ve only been here a a year and have been told by some natives that uptown used to be ghetto just a few years ago- now its where all the young professionals like to gather. Lots of townhomes, nice condos, apts, etc. Its an urban development (as far as “urban” gets in dallas anyway). From your comment and others I’ve heard, it seems like there is a lot of centralization going on here; there are other areas in transition that are close to downtown too… M-Streets, Knox-Henderson, etc. All of these still have their pockets of ghetto though. I live at Mockingbird station.

I will take level II next June, I think…

Dallas. Work downtown, live in Plano. Grew up in Carrollton. Virgin - Uptown is an area that sprawls between Cedar Springs and Lemon and basically runs right up McKinney. Tons of buildout there over the past years. Think of starting at the Crescent and heading north.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I lived in Dallas as a kid. WTF is uptown? > Dallas has a downtown and then it’s just > surrounded by sprawl. I wonder how Dallas will > exist with $8 gas? It’s a giant freeway. Good > texmex and margaritas tho’ That’s a good question, but the housing market here has been a champ so we aren’t getting hit from all angles just yet. So we have that goin for us, which is nice. And the afformentioned Tex-Mex. mmmmmmmmm…Chimichanga

I grew up in Colleyville/Bedford. I really liked it there, but I haven’t visited in the last 10 years:(

kevinf12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Aldford - you live in richardson but drive over to > Irving for work…does that take a while? > > I actually work in a corp finance job in > Richardson, when I am in town, so my drive isnt > too bad. Well, for DFW I guess. The standard 25 > minutes. > > I have a friend just finishing UT-Austin MBA in > DFW. Yeah, it’s about 45 minutes. Is your friend starting a new job after graduating and if so, where?

cfaprayer2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m from Dallas as well. Live in Carrollton and > work in Irving. In fact, aldford, we both work > for the same company! I’m an analyst in the > Investment Management Group. I’m planning on > taking L1 in Dec 08. What level is everyone else > signed up for? Anyone interested in L1 study > group? I’m definitely interested in that group. I love this company so ideally I’ll be able to transfer within after graduating. I know they’re recruiting at UT.

aldford - shoot me an email at kevin underscore f1 at hotmail.com

why don’t you guys give out your email addresses. That’s why no one gets together. pssh…academics.

I’d be up for a study group - NickTWells at yahoo dot com. Probably a bit behind you guys though - halfway through SS9 right now.

I am interested in a study group also. I live up in frisco. If SS9 is way behind then Im super behind. I just got my books yesterday… if you guys are willing to let me in the group you can contact me @ rolo550@gmail.com Level 1