How much time did you invest ?

a) How much time (hours) did you spend in preparing for CFA Level 1 Exam ? b) When did you first start ? c) What was your basic knowledge level ? d) Do you think you will pass ? a) 250 hours b) 25th January (and then had a break of 2 weeks in February) c) I did not know that A=L+E and could not differentiate between IS, BS and Cash flow statements and you ?

a) no idea. think about the time you wasted trying to keep track. b) December 10th c) Very minimal. But knew quant pretty well from other exams. d) 50/50.

a. Didnt calculate b. March c. Bachelors in Finance, Accounting and Economics d. Yes

a) Can’t tell b) November c) Master’s degree in economics, ACCA member. Deep (or at least I think so…) knowledge of FReporting - except for US GAAP, Medium - Corporate Finance, Economics and Quant methods. Otherwise - basic or no at all. d) Yes, pretty much sure

300 hours the first time, band 10 fail 190 hours this time, praying to pass.

a) 430 or so… keeping track was more of a motivational factor for me… I set a goal at the beginning and thought if I reached it, I would have a decent shot at passing… don’t see how anyone could say you waste time by keeping track… you write down start and end time and log in excel… may have wasted 10 minutes total from Dec - June. b) 2nd week of December c) Undergrad degree in Business/Finance… work for an asset mgmt firm in inst’l sales d) I feel it will be closer than it should have been (missed a handful of “easy” points), but yes, I feel pretty good about my chances

a) 12 hrs daily from June 25th to July 6th b) June 25th c) Chartered Accountant d) 50/50

A) Somewhere between 400-500 B) Early December C) Bachelor degree in Finance, job in back office admin D) Pretty confident

A) ~500 hrs B) mid-December C) 2nd yr MBA finance (prior Bachelors and Masters degree in Biotechnology) D) hopeful/confident

a) ~150 hours b) Beginning of April c) BA in Business Admin/Math - MBA Finance/Risk Mgt - Work experience with basic financial modeling and reporting d) 60/40

a) didnt calculate b) Mid January c) bachelors in Management Studies - Work for Asset Management Company d) Will Pass Dude desperately waiting for the result…

about 410 hours…since beginning Feb… keeping my fingers crossed!

a) 275-300 b) February c) Bachelors in Finance - Equity Research (I do a lot of other crap as well) d) I feel pretty good about it

crish_r2008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > a) 12 hrs daily from June 25th to July 6th > b) June 25th > c) Chartered Accountant > d) 50/50 You meant you studied 12 hrs daily from June 25th, 2008 to June 6th, 2009? I’m confused

a) week days 4 hours weekends 6 to 9 hours ( maybe more than 500 hours ) b) Feb 1st ( and it was not enough for review and solving mock exams i wish i started earlier) c)MBA in strategic Management , Bachelor degree in Accounting 6 years experience d) NO 50/50 chance reason : even though the exam was easy … i had problem with TIME MANAGEMENT even though i was prepared well when it comes to the level of knowledge of the material :frowning: u need to BE FAST when solving questions i thought i can manage 120 questions in 3 hours but i guess i didn’t pay that attention to the time factor :frowning:

a) mostly weekends, but all weekend (took week off of work before exam and drilled heavily - this was the key!) b) January c) Bachelors in Business Finance - work as Sr Analyst in Corp Finance d) Yes Disgree with time mgmt being an issue. This was an issue on some of the mock exams because some of the questions had multiple parts to them, but the actual exam only seemed to have at most 2 or 3 steps to any one question. Even the ones that had multiple steps could be figured out by looking at the answer choices without going through the last step or two. I found the conceptual questions more challenging than the computational questions on the real thing.

a) for the June 2008 - approx 200 hours - failed band 7 for the June 2009 - again approx 200 hours b) I started first readings back in December, but it was kind of a few hours per week, I expedited in March, while May was pretty intensified. However, it is important to note that I work full time and have kids at home. It made it more difficult to find some free time. This is the main reason I had to start in Dec. c) MSc Monetary Economy - work as a Sr Financial Sector Advisor d) Hopefully

a- 430 hours b- started in january c- BBA in finance d- 50-50

a) 125-150 hrs or so b) started book 1 in jan, finished it in first weekend may. then put in 30 hr weekends for 3-4 weeks, minimal time during the week c) 2nd year part-time mba and work in cap. mkts now d) 75/25

1)~400 2)3rd week december 3)B.A Finance 4)Yes!