Current CBOK on CFAI Website

Does anyone else have the Level II CBOK outline on the CFAI website? Steps to see which CBOK you have: 1. Login 2. Click on “Course of Study” at left of screen 3. Click on “Topic Outline” - for some reason, I have all Level II topics on my topic outline. Does anyone else have this?

I’m getting the Level II topics as well. Could this mean what I think it means? lol

Whoops – you guys are scaring me… I see all Level I topics :=(

This is what I see: ---------------------- Topical Outline CFA Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) I. Ethical and Professional Standards A. Professional Standards of Practice B. Ethical Practices II. Quantitative Methods A. Time Value of Money B. Probability C. Probability Distributions and Descriptive Statistics D. Sampling and Estimation E. Hypothesis Testing F. Correlation Analysis and Regression G. Time Series Analysis H. Simulation Analysis I. Technical Analysis III. Economics A. Market Forces of Supply and Demand B. The Firm and Industry Organization C. Measuring National Income and Growth D. Business Cycles E. The Monetary System F. Inflation G. International Trade and Capital Flows H. Currency Exchange Rates I. Monetary and Fiscal Policy J. Economic Growth and Development K. Effects of Government Regulation L. Impact of Economic Factors on Investment Markets IV. Financial Reporting and Analysis A. Financial Reporting System (IFRS and GAAP) B. Principal Financial Statements C. Financial Reporting Quality D. Analysis of Inventories E. Analysis of Long-Lived Assets F. Analysis of Taxes G. Analysis of Debt H. Analysis of Off-Balance-Sheet Assets and Liabilities I. Analysis of Pensions, Stock Compensation, and Other Employee Benefits J. Analysis of Inter-Corporate Investments K. Analysis of Business Combinations L. Analysis of Global Operations M. Ratio and Financial Analysis V. Corporate Finance A. Corporate Governance B. Dividend Policy C. Capital Investment Decisions D. Business and Financial Risk E. Long-Term Financial Policy F. Short-Term Financial Policy G. Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring VI. Equity Investments A. Types of Equity Securities and their Characteristics B. Equity Markets: Characteristics, Institutions, and Benchmarks C. Fundamental Analysis (Sector, Industry, Company) and the Valuation of Individual Equity Securities D. Equity Market Valuation and Return Analysis E. Special Applications of Fundamental Analysis (Residual Earnings) F. Equity of Hybrid Investment Vehicles VII. Fixed Income A. Types of Fixed-Income Securities and their Characteristics B. Fixed-Income Markets: Characteristics, Institutions, and Benchmarks C. Fixed-Income Valuation (Sector, Industry, Company) and Return Analysis D. Term Structure Determination and Yield Spreads E. Analysis of Interest Rate Risk F. Analysis of Credit Risk G. Valuing Bonds with Embedded Options H. Structured Products VIII. Derivatives A. Types of Derivative Instruments and their Characteristics B. Forward Markets and Instruments C. Futures Markets and Instruments D. Options Markets and Instruments E. Swaps Markets and Instruments F. Credit Derivatives Markets and Instruments IX. Alternative Investments A. Types of Alternative Investments and their Characteristics B. Real Estate C. Private Equity/Venture Capital D. Hedge Funds E. Closely-held Companies and Inactively Traded Securities F. Distressed Securities/Bankruptcies G. Commodities H. Tangible Assets with Low Liquidity X. Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning A. Portfolio Concepts B. Management of Individual/Family Investor Portfolios C. Management of Institutional Investor Portfolios D. Pension Plans and Employee Benefit Funds E. Investment Manager Selection F. Other Institutional Investors G. Mutual Funds, Pooled Funds, and ETFs H. Economic Analysis and Setting Capital Market Expectations I. Tax Efficiency J. Asset Allocation (including Currency Overlay) K. Portfolio Construction and Revision L. Equity Portfolio Management Strategies M. Fixed-Income Portfolio Management Strategies N. Alternative Investments Management Strategies O. Risk Management P. Execution of Portfolio Decisions (Trading) Q. Performance Evaluation R. Presentation of Performance Results

Huh …now I am sorta relieved…I do see the exact same topics in mine too… thanks …but do you think this is the L2?

Mine has Level I b/c I am a december L1 candidate. We might have something here…

Those topics are level I. lol!

No, these are all Level II topics… F. Correlation Analysis and Regression G. Time Series Analysis H. Simulation Analysis G. International Trade and Capital Flows H. Currency Exchange Rates B. Management of Individual/Family Investor Portfolios C. Management of Institutional Investor Portfolios D. Pension Plans and Employee Benefit Funds this might be a lucky sign…I feel like I passed this time (Band 10 last time). We need an L1 candidate to post their CBOK outline and then compare it to those who sat for L1 in June. but then again this could be for the entire CFA Curriculum…what it coveres in full.

I asked a colleague of mine who just wrote Level II and she said these are definitely Level II topics.

thats so huge. but we need a CONFIRMATION that L1 candidates (those sitting for the L1 exam) are ABSOLUTELY SEEING different CBOK when they LOG IN through CFAI’s website. That is what we need. STEP UP L1 candidates!

I got level II topics as well…maybe a lucky sign:)

it doesnt mean anything right now. We need an L1 candidate to confirm this ASAP. I’m starting a new thread for L1s to post what theirs looks like. Also, its really early in the grading process, but i mean how long does it take to feed a scantron through a machine. Also, my last name begins with a “B”, so I could be an early grade…

Hmmm I got the same thing. I don’t know if this means anything, but I am glad I don’t have level I and all of you have level II haha. BTW BillBelemy, my last name starts with a W (walker). But seriously, a scantron takes no time at all to grade… if you are above a certain score, maybe they pass you without having to look too closely

raw Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmmm I got the same thing. I don’t know if this > means anything, but I am glad I don’t have level I > and all of you have level II haha. BTW > BillBelemy, my last name starts with a W (walker). > But seriously, a scantron takes no time at all to > grade… if you are above a certain score, maybe > they pass you without having to look too closely agreed. My gut tells me that if you got a 168 / 240 you pass, and then if you didnt they make the decision on a case by case basis, hence where all the time comes in to grade 100,000+ exams. I mean the SAT results come back in less than 30 days and thats for like 1,000,000 high school kids. hoping and praying over here. It’s my second time and i felt a lot better about the exam this time. There is also another way to tell. Come July 26th or so, you will see a link to register for the next exam. Last time I was Band 10 and about 5 days before the exam I was allowed to register for L1 again. So even if this isnt it, you can find out a few days early by trying to register for LII early.

at first i thought this was a prank. but of course, i had to check i have L2 as well. =X

Do you have to enter your ID and password for this?

Also have L2 CBOK, but I wouldn’t read into it much. You’ll drive yourself mad.

THE CBOK is the body of knowledge for ALL 3 LEVELS COMBINED. I just took Level 3 and have the same thing. Your exams arent even graded yet. Chill out. I was bored and checking out this forum. You guys are too much.

And most of the Portfolio Management sections are LEvel 3 only topics, in case you want to try and argue.

*POP* was good while it lasted…