Level I Exam Format questions

I apologize in advance since I know this topic has been beaten to death, i tried a search but so many results came up I didnt want to sift through looking for my questions. 1) On the level I exam, are the questions random? or are they grouped by sections? if so do they state what section the following questions will be on? 2) similiar to the first question, regarding the morning and afternoon section of the exam, are the questions the same and just randomly selected? or does the morning session cover different sections than afternoon? thanks

1. grouped by sections 2. both AM and PM cover all topic areas

thanks, so when you say they are grouped by section, do u mean that once u are done that section u wont see anymore questions from that section thoughout the exam?..so say in the mornin session you have ethics, fra and economics, in the afternoon you can expect to not see these topics?

no. the AM session and PM session both cover all of the study sessions.

yep the reason they do this is so you can’t review too much during the afternoon break.

The exam will will be 6 sections as follows in both AM and PM sessions. 1. Ethics 2. Quantitative methods 3. Economics 4. FRA and Corporate Finance 5. Portfolio management 6. Asset Valuation I believe the exam will be divided exactly as above, if not someone please clarify?

oh thanks, so its not even mixed up, sections are in order as in cfa curriculum?..also, so its basically just like having 2 exams, one in the morning and one in afternoon huh…that will make things easier.

918 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- “… huh…that will make things easier.” YA THINK?!?

6 sections? or all 10 sections separately?

all 10 sections separately The exam will will be 6 sections as follows in both AM and PM sessions. Questions Topic Minutes 1-18 Ethical and Professional Standards 27 19-32 Quantitative Methods 21 33-44 Economics 18 45-68 Financial Statement Analysis 36 69-78 Corporate Finance 15 79-90 Equity Investments 18 91-96 Derivative Investments 9 97-108 Fixed Income Investments 18 109-114 Alternative Investments 9 115-120 Portfolio Management 9 180 minutes = 3hours

FinPaul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > all 10 sections separately > > The exam will will be 6 sections as follows in > both AM and PM sessions. > > Questions Topic > Minutes > 1-18 Ethical and Professional Standards 27 > 19-32 Quantitative Methods 21 > 33-44 Economics > 18 > 45-68 Financial Statement Analysis 36 > 69-78 Corporate Finance > 15 > 79-90 Equity Investments > 18 > 91-96 Derivative Investments 9 > 97-108 Fixed Income Investments 18 > 109-114 Alternative Investments 9 > 115-120 Portfolio Management 9 > > 180 minutes = 3hours Are you sure the exam is divided into 10 sections? or 6 sections. I thought it’s 6 sections because the schweser practice exams are divided by 6 sections so.

I thought so too. But the CFA mock exams are divided into 10 sections.

Is CFA Level 1 exam still grouped by topics? Are there 6 or 10 topics?

Thanks.

Yes: 10 topic areas.

Thanks! That helps.

My pleasure.

Both AM and PM sections are seggregated into 10 topics as Finpaul mentioned.

I guess the Topics on the exam are listed in the CFA books order (1 to 10). Is this correct?

Do I have to transfer answers to an answer sheet?

Thank you!

I want to ask something

Nomally when I read questions , I used to underline keywords in the question which helps me in decision making , Can I do the same in the exam question paper or will it be considered unethical practise

The topics are listed: questions 1 – 18 are on Ethics, questions 19 – 24 are on Quantitative Methods, and so on.

You’ll have a separate answer sheet. Do yourself a favor: take half a second before marking your answer to confirm that the row in which you are answering it corresponds to the question number in the book.

You’re allowed to mark up the question book in any manner you see fit. Underline, circle, star, whatever.