Schweser vs Elans Guide

This is probably asked a lot, but I’m new here. What are your opinions on these two prep materials? Which is better? I’ve seen where Schweser gets good ratings on overall material but the Eleventh Hour rates better than Secret Sauce. How about question banks? I’m just getting started and looking for direction. thanks

Comment deleted.

Thanks Tom. Trying to make a plan for the June '10 Level 1 exam.

I don’t think its actually ever been asked…most people would be like Elan Guides WTF??? :stuck_out_tongue: Well I’ve been around the CFA teaching industry a while so let me add my two cents… First of all Elan Guides is new. They just released a Wildcard Pack and an 11th Hour review book for Dec LI. They have an Ultimate Prep pack for June 10 Level I, which is untested. That being said I have only heard good things about their services. I have personally purchased and used the 11th Hour book and think it is better than the secret sauce. They have been putting up samples of their study guide chapters for the last few months. Both their’s and Schweser’s study guides are good. But what really takes the cake is their videos. They had one on options earlier that was very very good. Now they have one on perfect competition up on their site,which follows a slightly different format . Ive only seen the Schweser sample on their website… not the whole set, but it doesnt impress me. The downside: They dont mention any question bank. So if you want to practice practice pracitce- then you’ll have to get the QBank or the Passmaster (Stalla’s product). Further, their study materials will be sent out in late december…so there’s still a good month to go. You could use the curriculum till then… its really up to you. Stalla,Schweser,Elan Guides, Analystnotes, Allen Resources… they all have samples available. Be your own judge. But I bet these guys will go places…

Yo man its $50 for their study guides and a month’s worth of lectures.I’d be willing to check it out… I’ve liked the sample readings they’ve been posting…