CFA withdrawal

Anyone have the ‘problem’ of even after the exam still having obsessional thoughts about relevering beta, calculating forwards from treasury spots, and other CFA material ? Could barely sleep last night, and just want all of this finance to leave my head for a few weeks a least. Just a little break is all I ask!!!

Was wondering what to do with all this new found time…hard to get back to normal life!!

I am, I also have this empty feeling of free time. In all seriousness I dont like it. I kind of hate having the feeling of nothing to do. I need to be going all the time otherwise I get pissy.

I came to this thinking it was going to be someone handing out invites to a pity party. This is better… I love having my free time back for a little while. Nuppal, you could learn to play the accordian or something with all your free time.

I will probably be signing up the Feb exam fm

I am trying to get a job and have to prepare for an interview. I have had free time now for months and I have had enough of it. I registered for test after I lost my job and at that point I thought I wouldn’t mind sitting and studying for the exam. However, soon I realized the hollowness I was facing inside and now I want to get over my free time. I envy you guys!

Seriously, I need to find a book to read or something. We have Stockholm syndrome - that’s what it’s called, right? When kidnapping victims feel attached to their captors?

After I took L1 I almost took a Schweser practice exam the week after just give myself a confidence boost and rid myself of the failure thoughts that kept creeping into my head. After having your life consumed by the exam and all of the studying that went along with it, it takes a little while to reacquaint yourself with a normal life. It almost feels like you’ve emerged from a six month hibernation.

ROFLMAO at the previous two posts

nycag04 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Seriously, I need to find a book to read or > something. We have Stockholm syndrome - that’s > what it’s called, right? When kidnapping victims > feel attached to their captors? Yippie Kiyay, mother…

hawgdriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I came to this thinking it was going to be someone > handing out invites to a pity party. This is > better… > > I love having my free time back for a little > while. > > Nuppal, you could learn to play the accordian or > something with all your free time. Lol, duly noted. I just got back from Borders, picked up 10 books, that should keep me busy till the new year.

I’m not gonna lie…I may or may not have looked at the CFAI site to see if they had the first couple of readings up for L2 yet. It might not be entirely ridiculous, except for that fact that I don’t even think I passed L1. Le sigh.

Its weird but everytime I have to study a lot (finals, CFA), I feel really depressed, even after the exam. It’s not about the exam results, but just the fact that I need to isolate myself from everything to study properly, but luckily the feeling disappears a few days later. And about sleeping from the first post, its the opposite for me, I am sleeping like a baby now! The week before the exam, including the day before exam day, I had some level of insomnia.

investragy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was wondering what to do with all this new found > time…hard to get back to normal life!! I feel the same way! I somehow feel guilty if i watch too much tv

nycag04 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Seriously, I need to find a book to read or > something. We have Stockholm syndrome - that’s > what it’s called, right? When kidnapping victims > feel attached to their captors? LOL! i was thinking of all the book i could read to make the withdrawal easier…

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hawgdriver Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I came to this thinking it was going to be > someone > > handing out invites to a pity party. This is > > better… > > > > I love having my free time back for a little > > while. > > > > Nuppal, you could learn to play the accordian > or > > something with all your free time. > > > Lol, duly noted. I just got back from Borders, > picked up 10 books, that should keep me busy till > the new year. OMG this is hilarious, i thought i was the only one. That’s exactly what i was thinking.

I just got this from Amazon… The Predictioneer’s Game: Using the Logic of Brazen Self-Interest to See and Shape the Future. If you don’t mind share any interesting reads you are doing right now…

nycag04 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not gonna lie…I may or may not have looked > at the CFAI site to see if they had the first > couple of readings up for L2 yet. It might not be > entirely ridiculous, except for that fact that I > don’t even think I passed L1. Le sigh. lol, i did the exact same thing, and even I am not sure about whether Im going to pass or not. I did buy alot of books, but mostly chick lit, because I cant deal with brainy stuff right now. I feel totally useless now though, so I started a blog. That is what I have been doing at work all day, I know Im probably in violation of the Code

investragy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just got this from Amazon… > > > The Predictioneer’s Game: Using the Logic of > Brazen Self-Interest to See and Shape the Future. > > If you don’t mind share any interesting reads you > are doing right now… Reading outliers

Philly1616 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > investragy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I just got this from Amazon… > > > > > > The Predictioneer’s Game: Using the Logic of > > Brazen Self-Interest to See and Shape the > Future. > > > > If you don’t mind share any interesting reads > you > > are doing right now… > > > Reading outliers Its good but I find Malcolm G to be too much of a self interested douche. The book kind of lays out common sense in a very eloquent, easy and fun to read way. It’s a great book, but MG’s ego has gotten too big.